Thread: Worried about my bowel symptoms

Worried about my bowel symptoms

I am beginning to get concerned about my symptoms; I have tried to keep positive about them but the more they continue the worse I am feeling about them. I am usually a very healthy 28 year old female; apart from low iron levels which is being treated.

A couple of weeks ago I started getting blood (bright red, fresh) after I had been to the toilet; just a small amount in the toilet and when I wiped. I have had this previously and have been to the doctor and they said that it's most likely piles and nothing to worry about.

Since then I've felt that I needed to go to the toilet more often, much softer stools than usual. I have recently been on a diet and therefore eating much more salad vegetable based diet. I've also got a lot more wind at the moment (I'm sorry for tmi)

The feelings have continued as has the blood (it's not got any worse). I have had itching and some soreness in my bottom, although, not always after a bowel movement.

I am scared to go to the doctor in case of what they tell me and of course googling brings up the worse case scenarios; which I am convincing myself is not true of my symptoms.

I have also, in the last couple week been feeling a little run down (I've just finished school for the holidays and usually need a day or 2 to adjust) and needed to rest more.

Should I worry? Is there anything I can do to ease the funny tummy and blood?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Worried about my bowel symptoms

Take it from someone who knows , your symptoms (loose stool, soreness and itching even not immediately after going to the loo, fresh blood on tissue) are absolutely classic piles!

Try visiting the local pharmacy or Boots or somewhere like that - Germoloids cream really helped me, and it works fairly quickly too.

Good luck Stressless!

Danny xxx

Thank you for your response - what about the feeling of needing to go to the toilet often? Do you think that's Piles or a stomach bug?

I think that is also piles, I believe they describe it as feeling like you haven't 'fully emptied' your bowels. A small amount of mucus appearing after passing a stool is also common with piles so don't let that worry your either.

Good luck!

Danny xxx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi I have UC and would say your symptoms sound very much like piles but not being a Dr I would prefer that you see your Dr, Remember they see the human anatomy every day, it doesnt hurt and takes about a minute, a minute well worth It to put your mind at rest.
    Which I'm sure It will do.

Thread Information