Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not actually sure if its helping my anxiety...

Not actually sure if its helping my anxiety...

So I started on 30mg and stayed on it for 10weeks and then upped to 45mg and have been on it nearly 4weeks, although I'm still having quite a job trying to rid my anxiety. I'm starting to wonder if I'm battling the anxiety on my own. I think the mirt has helped my mild depression but I'm not so sure about the anxiety....I wondered if mirt is better in lower doses for anxiety?

Re: Not actually sure if its helping my anxiety...

Hi Rachy,
    Don't think mirt is particularly effective for anxiety, nor any any of the anti depressants.
    The benzo drugs are best but only for short term use due to tolerance, dependence and addiction risks.
    Slept okay Sunday night, but rubbish last night - 3 hrs and that was even with taking a zopiclone.
    Managed okay at work despite the tiredness.
    Gonna take just 15mg tonight rather than the 45mg to try and get max sedative element.
    Hate anxiety, hate depression, hate insomnia

You see, you hear of so many people being well after suffering anxiety once they take meds, so I'm hopefuly theres something. I certainly don't fancy going onto benzo's as that to me sounds as dangerous as what zopiclone was for me... I'm just having a downer day...and will probably have a downer week knowing how my cycles go!

I'm hoping I just need a few more weeks on 45mg until the bad days are really minimal.....but i've felt much like this for the last 13weeks so it's hard to be optimistic xx

I had diazapam for a short time and was fine on it. In fact its the only thing that worked so far. I was only on a small dose though. Still had a bit of morning anxiety on the small dose.

Is diazapam something you take alongside other meds? is it taken consistently everyday? or just something you take when needed? I really hate the idea of medication and it was initially a battle to get me onto mirtazapine which is mostly the reason I got so anxious... xx

Some people do take it everyday, but not for prolonged periods.
    Others just as and when.
    Not tried it myself.
    Anxiety for me is worse early evening as bedtime comes.

I used to be the same, my anxiety was just sleep related but once my sleep was good, it shifted to daytime anxiety... it's normally shakey in the morning and sometimes early evening at the moment for me... if I have a good morning...i'm more likely to have a bad early eve but if I have a bad morning...i sometimes escape the evening anxiety.. Aghh it's rubbish whenever you get it! lol

You've done well rachy to beat the anxiety about sleeping as once it gets in your head it can be hard to sleep I find.
    If I sleep well, I'm much better in the day.
    Am considering sleep restriction therapy but a bit scared to do it!!!

Yeah I'm unsure of how I managed to do it myself really..because I tackled the sleep anxiety before I actually started the mirtazapine. I took a course of st Johns wort before I went on mirtazapine...and I found that I started to look forward to going to bed as I would read a book and then fall asleep, so it started being my only respite from the anxiety in the day. It was only that the anxiety got so bad in the day that I decided I did need to go on something but was terrified to try anything that would knock my sleep off track again...doctor gave me citalopram which obviously didn't go too well and then because of the citalopram...it pushed me to go on mirt as I knew I'd sleep but thing is...i'm still suffering quite bad anxiety most days... so I am thinking of giving the mirt another month...and if still not good I really am going to have to have a plan B... because I really can't go on like this. My mum is on prozac.. and although it did give her insomnia at first..it really didn't last..she'd advised me to be strong and cope with the side effects for a few weeks as eventually I will settle.. but I'm not too keen, I'd really love for the mirt to work..lol arghh What is sleep resticting therapy?

Diazapam is a take when needed sort of med. not for long term use but useful if you've got a flight or interview etc. and can be taken for up to two weeks at a time continuous to break a bad spell of anxiety. It's worked for me in the past but for some reason I'm really bad atm and this anxiety is taking some shifting :(

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information