Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New

New

Hi there
    Just been prescribed these at 15mg and got a follow up appointment next week. My dr said these are an excellent muscle relaxant.
    I'm worried about them heightening my anxiety it making my symptoms worse. I'm not overly depressed but am very anxious with many side effects a day and not sleeping.
    Any words will help

Re: New

You will deffo get some respite with the sleep and usually mirtazapine offers fab relief instantly for anxiety. I woke up feeling fantastic the first day. I have had a few ups and downs but I've been a particularly difficult case to solve. I'm on 45mg and still have trouble with my anxiety but I'm much improved to how I was. I would advise you to take your first tablet around 8.30pm as it will most definitely send you to sleep quite quickly the first few nights but as you go on..you will become more tolerant. Yolu might also find yourself feeling quite groggy and hard to wake up and come round tomorrow morning...but it won't be like that always, I promise Don't be put off by the initial first week if you do feel a bit zombie..it's totally normal and will calm down xx

Thanks. I'm really worried about meds full stop. I'm anxious about side effects. I'm anxious they'll affect my heart. I have kids so need to be responsive at night for them so can't be knocked out totally.
    I'm quite a tricky customer too. My anxiety is not good atm.
    My muscles ache and hurt and are tired at the moment and I don't want to feel like I am so exhausted I can't move :(

Well you'll be pleased to know..mirtazapine is one of the safest antidepressants with regards to your heart. Don't panic about the being responsive. It was totally my one concern at first..and it put me off starting them for ages...I was really worried I'd never hear my son or I'd never spend time with my hubby as i'd be going to bed at 9pm everynight! lol Totally wrong... yes initially they are quite strong for sleeping, but it will not be like that always. I wake perfectly if I need to..I even went to a concert the other week and as we stayed away..I didn't take my tablet until 3am..and still woke up at 7am and was raring to go. xx

Hi mummy, mirt does seem to help many sleep, like rachy but has little effect on me.
    Anxiety is stronger than the sedative effect usually for me, but see how you get on.
    Its pretty gentle.

That's what the dr said, I'm so wired up it probably won't upset my sleep too much. Does this one make you spaced out? Because two days on sertraline and I was staring into space and not taking in what people were saying. That and climbing the walls with panic.
    I'm really anxious about it. I'm waiting till tomorrow night to take it when ill have someone with me. I'm a single parent so I need to know how it affects me because of the kids.

not at all hun, it didnt make my panic or anxiety worse at all and for me it didn't feel spacey. I tried citalopram before mirtazapine and citalopram made me feel like I wasn't actually there. I went shopping and felt like I was floating around and everything was echoey...but mirtazapine is reaaaaally mild side effects wise. I have no side effects at all xx

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Oh... p.s...I understand you wanting to take when you're not completley alone...I was lucky enough to have my husband at home with me. You'll be fine once you've taken a few times

I've just read about the anger :/ oh dear. Kids will be diving for cover
    Sertraline was dreadful. I've tried citalopram as well. Can't take another ssri as can't risk the increased anxiety again. Think that's part of my problem now. I'm still affected by how badly the sertraline made me. Can't get it out if my head how bad I felt.
    I'm just desperate for some energy and enthusiasms and get up and go. Life is passing me by at the moment. Today has been a better day in general for me with the weather picking up. Hopefully these will give me a break and perk me up a bit.
    Dr said they were a really affective AD and great for relaxing muscles and sleep so we shall see.

I hope they work well for you. They sorted out my depression...I had depression as a result of dealing with the anxiety. I'm just still quite consumed by my anxiety most days...but that's because I'm bored and it really is all I think about. so perhaps I just need to change my life to really get better. I did find I was pretty irritable and angry the first few weeks of starting mirt....but I started taking evening primrose tablets, vitamin b6, and vitamin b complex and the irritability eased..I only suffer now when my period is due... xx

Ah now it's interesting you should say. I'm assuming it is ok to take supplements? I've started taking a b vitamin and magnesium to too me up as I think I may be deficient slightly.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information