Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone else experience this?

anyone else experience this?

Does anyone else out there have an anxiety attack after taking a medicine youve never taken before, even a minor medication, because of the fear of having an allergic reaction?

Also, does anyone out there experience anxiety simply by hearing a commercial talking about cancer or if someone you know starts talking about knowing someone with cancer, does it make you worry about your own health?
    Last edited by Worried 24/7; 17-04-14 at 18:11.

Re: anyone else experience this?

I think most of us can relate to this at some time

Oh yes. Big time. But I did have a nasty reaction once. I refused iv paracetamol when I was in hospital once because I was so scared. Really stupid though... Not saying youre stupid!

With the advert thing.. Yes but not straight away... Its like my brain stores it away until I get a symptom and then my brain goes bananas! Looks like we're in the same club!

Xxx

Ohhhh yes. I also avoid common allergens in food (e.g. peanuts) because of fear that I may be allergic to it (even though I know I've had it before)

-penguin

Se here penguin. I believe im allergic to walnuts and kiwi...

straight away... Its like my brain stores it away until I get a symptom and then my brain goes bananas!
    Same here. And once you've read something no matter how hard you try to forget it it it pops up years later. This is me with googling. I don't do it at all anymore as I did it a lot years back. But I can't forget what I've read....even though I can't remember what I did yesterday lol

It seems like cancer treatment commercials are on constantly and people are always posting pictures of kids with cancer on fb. I feel like it's constantly in my face and then it's all I can think about. I also Google all the time. Sometimes all day long. I just keeping looking for that solid answer that I'm never gonna find

deffo can relate

It's the same here, every radio commercial break there's an as for cancer, always som doom and gloom on the tele ads. Even my relative has noticed and she doesn't worry like that. She just sighs, not another of those commercials. Don't get me wrong, its great advertisement for raising funds etc but we don't need it in our faces 24/7 when we suffer from HA.

Penguin! I'm the same exact way! I ate everything my entire life, and when I developed HA I started cutting foods out. I dont eat nuts or most fish, although I have added salmon back into my diet.

I do the same thing with the meds. Seriously. I take the same antibiotic every time I get sick, which is a few times a winter, for the past few years, and every single time i freak out after I take it, thinking my throat will close. You arent alone.

Learning to trust yourself and believe that simple things in the world won't hurt you is imperative to overcoming HA. I can remember a time whenever I was given medication and had to google all of the side effects before taking it. Of course, that was the worst thing that I could have done. I only took away all of the one in a million side effects that were mentioned.
    I don't do that anymore. I have learned to trust and I take the medication. I am much happier and my anxiety is under control. CBT helped me a great deal. Have you tried it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information