Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20mg Fluoxetine, feel worse. Please help

Re: 20mg Fluoxetine, feel worse. Please help

Horse, I'm another advocate of Propranolol or any other beta blocker. 6 weeks is still very early days. But every day you are a step closer to getting better. This is the worst period it will ever be, it will never be worse than this ..... but it will get better. Go back to the GP's and ask about a beta blocker, you need to stop so much adrenalin being produced. If it helps, what you are going through is a good sign, it means the serotonin is getting into your system and the opposite hormone is working overtime to beat the serotonin. It won't win, it can't win, the SSRI will overtake and beat that bad boy up! I promise.

HI h0rse , Mrs Cav is right 6 weeks is still very early and MRS CAV helped me through when I felt like you do now she gave me the strength to carry on and I am so glad I did , it took 10 weeks before I could say I felt something like normal , I tried to cope without using beta blockers but the anxiety was too much but with there help I calmed down and now life is good again , its not perfect but I am on the way . The side effects really got me down especially the anxiety and the feeling that my head was muddled all the time but these ease off after a while and now I don't have these problems , its hard to get through the first few weeks everybody who's been there will understand how you are feeling but do carry on you will get there I assure you and then the good times will be back . KEEP IN TOUCH WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU xx

Thanks for your input. Its very Hard to survive. I feel like I'm flooded with adrenaline. In constant panicmode, with the early morning being the worst. I talked to my shrink and got some antihistamines that also block Adrenalin. But will This ever END? What if it doesn't and Keep feeling like that? :-(

Horse, I was just reading about how there's a certain antihistamine that does stop anxiety (something with an "H", I believe)...and from what I was reading, (a study), it said it can help the SSRI anxiety/jitter side effect.
    I'm so glad your doctor prescribed them. I have chronic low blood pressure, and as much as I would love to try the beta blockers, I'm a bit concerned about them..but this histamine sounds like it's worth a shot. Let me know how it works! I bet it will help.
    You're right, these spikes of adrenaline are very very uncomfortable some days.
    Last edited by TweetyBird2; 29-04-14 at 22:27.

HI h0rse, So glad you been to seek help with the adrenaline spikes and your doctor seems to understand and is willing to help you through this , its a terrible time when your going through the side effects but its worth it when you reach the end of the dark tunnel , when do you take your fluoxetine I take mine at 6 a m but some people take theirs at night and they say it helps with the side effects , I don't know if it does help but it is something you could mention to your doctor , I do hope the antihistamines work for you and you are able to stay with the fluoxetine because I really do believe they will help you and you will get better . PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH WE ARE ALL HERE FOR YOU xx

I am on the same road as hOrse, although I started taking prozac because of dizziness due to anxiety. I am now 10 days in and I am still dizzy. Has anyone tried to combat dizziness this way? I am also really tired and have a dull-pained headache.

HI Blazie 7 , You haven't been on the medication very long as the tablets can take 8 weeks to get in your body , If I was you I would talk to my doctor about trying beta blockers along side your medication , some doctors will allow you to do this as it make the side effects a little easier to cope with , some doctors just say it takes time , which it does but anything that helps should be considered , its not easy which ever way but if you can cope with the medication it will help and you will soon start to feel a bit better then the good times will come . Just take one day at a time and if you have a bad day just keep thinking tomorrow will be better , We on this site have been where you are now and have got through not easy I know but it is worth it .

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. I am trying to stay positive, it's just hard when my head is all out of sorts. I just went back to work after a 7 week medical leave period to try to combat this dizziness/headache. Finally figured it was anxiety/depression only a short whole ago. Wish I had those 7 weeks back so that My body can adjust to the prozac! Arg!! What type of beta blockers work? I've never heard of them. Day 14. Headache, dizzy and having very vivid dreams, but powering through.

HI Blazie7 , There are a few types of beta blockers so you need to talk to your doctor about which are best for you , you usually only need them short term to get you through the worst of the side effects , I had these and they were very helpful it made it so much easier to cope and helped me through . The headaches and dizziness also feeling very mixed up in your head are all side effects and they can be awful , I know how you are feeling even though its a good few weeks since now but it was terrible ,I know its hard but keep taking your medication and try to take each day at a time , you will get through and you will come out the other side , its not easy to believe this when you feel as you do but I assure you the good times will be back soon . Look after yourself and on this site we will try and help you through and answer any questions you may have or listen if you just want to write down how your feeling .

Hi guys! I'm new to this. but I started fluoxetine about 5 days ago and have a really hazy feeling over my head. This is why I don't like taking antidepressants.But from what I'm reading, it seems like it will eventually go away. I had really bad side effects to Zoloft. So the prescribed me fluoxetine when I was 6 months pregnant. I decided to stop it after I gave birth because I didn't think I needed it anymore. I can actually feel the anxiety getting better but I don't like this hazy feeling over my head. Especially working full time and having an 8 month old.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information