Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 wks 15mg and over 2 wks at 30mg for depression 😞

2 wks 15mg and over 2 wks at 30mg for depression 😞

Hi all

I have been taking Mirt now for 4 weeks. I feel like its doing absolutely zilch for my depression and its giving me anxiety.

I am also experiencing no sex drive and other weird unexpected effects there too 😞.

I'm also extremely numb. Sad but unable to cry and never ever feel happy. I dont get any pleasure in the day. The only release I get is sleep.

I'm tempted to go back to paroxetine and enjure the horrible start up effects.

Please don't say talk to your doctor as he's as much use as a glass eye and still waiting to hear back from psych referral .

Does anyone know if the numbness goes? I'm hoping the sex stuff clears up when and if my depression lifts.

I am also doing cbt but its bloody hard when nothing has a positive affect on you at all due to being numbed up.

Chris x

Re: 2 wks 15mg and over 2 wks at 30mg for depression 😞

Hey mate

Have a funny feeling that it may be the same Chris that I had been speaking to on patient.co.uk? Forgive me if not. Welcome firstly... hope you find some more reassurance from others on mirtazapine- as I'm not able to comment on the sexual side effects as it really has no effect in that area for me. I actually find that after about week 6, my depression was lifted but my anxiety remained..and it's a viscious circle because I'm so much brighter mood wise, but then my anxiety is holding me down...which then makes me feel low again! I'm giving the mirt another month and then may come off if no difference. xx

Hi Chris,

Everything you say sounds like the depression still has a hold on you. As you are at 4 weeks, I'd stick with the mirt for another few weeks, maybe even go up to 45 mg per day. Then do a re-evaluation. If it's still not working, you could do a cross-taper to paroxetine, which may help avoid start-up side-effects. Good luck.

Hi Chris, I've been on mirt for 4 months.

Depression is a bit better, anxiety maybe a little better too.

Insomnia still present. Life is still hard.

Sex drive maybe down a little but more to do with tiredness I think.

Still feel empty.

Spent time with family and went to see a film yesterday. tried so hard to distract myself.

I have never felt this empty. keep getting visions of losing my job, my house, my reputation ..

Constant thoughts of suicide. I have lots of people who love me but I cannot feel it. why can't I just feel some relief apart from sleeping.

Have felt the same and don't even get relief at night due to insomnia .

Such dark thoughts mean the depression element has not been addressed yet.

Fortune telling and catastrophising are classic behaviours we do, when low.

Go back to gp as you may need 45mg to try

I don't think these pills are helping I should have at least felt something by now.. I was never this bad before I started.

I've told the doctors about the thoughts I get and he just give me the number for the crisis team.

This is my fault .. for most of the last 10 years I was happy to get repeat prescriptions , overly happy on paroxetine. I never realised how emotionally cut off I was until all this and it is very scary. How can anyone or myself sort my head out?. I have no idea what I want from life now

Don't look to far ahead.
    Live in the here and now and no more than a few days ahead.
    Many people, most people will and do recover from this stuff, but patience, determination, dedication and seeking help are all needed.

I promise you mirtazapine takes longer to get to work...mainly because it makes you feel fab the first few days and then once it levels back down you think its stopped. You've only been on 4weeks. I'm 15weeks in and only just recovering xx

Re: 2 wks 15mg and over 2 wks at 30mg for depression

I'm due to go back to work a week today ..

I was looking forward to a trip abroad on May 14th.

This is been going on since the beginning of the year

15 weeks is terrifying. I'm filling my days with things but cannot stop the constant negativity

I just feel like downing a load of drink right now
    Last edited by smithci; 21-04-14 at 14:43.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information