Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Day Of Venlafaxine

Re: 1st Day Of Venlafaxine

I only take the diazepam every now and again when I cant control my attacks, this is the first time ive had one in a good few weeks now. It was an indian takeaway we had tonite so maybe the MSG is in that too xx

i got diagnosed with GAD 7 months ago and got supplied with Effoxor which i took every day going from one tablet 35 ml one week and doubled my dose the next week and so on ! My anxiety went within a day i thought it was a miracle never felt so confident. A
    fter a while of taking it i started to go really hyper friends thought i was on crack and i couldn't eat and lost about 2-3 stone.
    I looked in the mirror and said time to get of this !

The last few months i decided to taper down and stop !
    This is now my third day without Venlafaxine and my zaps are getting worse I think I am going insane ! I have managed to get up and go to work and function but i feel flipping awful.
    Yesterday the brain zaps where frighteningly strong sharp shooting pains in my freaking BRAIN down to my fingers and toes, im strong minded and i thought tomorrow i will feel better!
    Today the zaps seem the same but this time the zaps kick in on every eye moment! what can i do to help it??
    im never taking anything like this again and i would strongly advise people not to take this drug its EVIL ! i preferred the comedown of MDMA E's when i was in my youth!!!

THIS DRUG SHOULD BE MADE ILLEGAL !!!

How can the pharmaceutical Chemists legally supply pharmacies and patients with this HORRIBLE drug ???
    worst days of my life, i would rather have my anxiety and depression back than take this horrendous stuff again....help me please

Kelley I hope you start to settle on the Ven soon. It has literally given me my life back. I've been on it for just over a year now - increased my original dose and recently started reducing. I always take mine with food in the morning. I'm not a big breakfast eater but feel nauseous if I don't eat with them.
    BrainZap I'm sorry that the Ven affected you so badly and that you're having trouble stopping it. However, for some people it is the right treatment - I was given citalopram, sertraline and fluoxetine before venlafaxine and I had horrendous side effects with the cit and fluox. One made me feel permanently doped up and the other made me almost suicidal. I would stop short of saying they should be banned though as I know people for whom they have worked well. Ven has helped me change from living in a permanent state of anxiety back to the happy person that I was prior to my GAD struck.
    I guess what I'm trying to say to anyone reading this and wondering whether to start on Ven is that no one medication is suitable for everyone but Ven does work very well for some people so don't let one person's bad experience scare you.

Kelley, like you I just started ven 75mg (prolonged release capsules) and am on day 3. I had a nightmarish first night but then it got better, what has helped me is making sure I stay hydrated and eat fresh food. I would definitely be careful with spicy/greasy food at this time. Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information