Thread: Mirtazipine,me...?? Desperate..

Mirtazipine,me...?? Desperate..

Hi Guys...Firstly I would like to focus on the positives, that taking this med has given me..it has practically eliminated all of my social anxiety(miracle)!!..apart from the odd blip and has contributed to reducing my anxiety in general and has certainly helped improve my sleep patterns.

I have been taking 15-30 mg for around 9 months now.What has unsettled me of late..is a feeling of unreality..repetitive thoughts..i.e..song lyrics and general feeling like my mind is flitting around wildly..its very hard to articulate the exact sensation,but the physical sensations can be a sense of unsteadiness on my feet quite suddenly. Like small 'headrushes' if you like.?

Now im not sure if this is a side effect of the med..or just a whole new set of symptoms..??Am desperate to know if any of you guys have been taking it as long as myself and what your experiences have been..

Would really appreciate some feedback on this.

J.

Re: Mirtazipine,me...?? Desperate..

Quote Originally Posted by jacko296 View Post
    Hi Guys...Firstly I would like to focus on the positives, that taking this med has given me..it has practically eliminated all of my social anxiety(miracle)!!..apart from the odd blip and has contributed to reducing my anxiety in general and has certainly helped improve my sleep patterns.

I have been taking 15-30 mg for around 9 months now.What has unsettled me of late..is a feeling of unreality..repetitive thoughts..i.e..song lyrics and general feeling like my mind is flitting around wildly..its very hard to articulate the exact sensation,but the physical sensations can be a sense of unsteadiness on my feet quite suddenly. Like small 'headrushes' if you like.?

Now im not sure if this is a side effect of the med..or just a whole new set of symptoms..??Am desperate to know if any of you guys have been taking it as long as myself and what your experiences have been..

Would really appreciate some feedback on this.

J.

Hi Jacko
    Yes,yes,and yes!
    I know exactly what you mean,and your description is spot on
    I haven't been on it very long,I was 15 upped to 30 about 3 weeks ago.

I know what you mean ref repetitive thoughts but not sure if that is me or the mirt

Hey, I haven't experienced any of these on mirtazapine... however I have experienced them before starting on meds. Could it be a symptom of your anxiety? Possibly that you need a higher dose? I'm on 45mg, was increased 4weeks ago from 30mg. Feeling much more level headed..barely even given my anxiety a thought..or when I do, it hasn't carried much weight..so no churning tummy, or whizzing thoughts that I usually get when my anxiety plays up xxx

Thanks for the input guys...will ponder over it..(probably obsessively) for a while and arrange to speak to g.p.

Thank heavens for this site!

j.

Lol, I know what you mean about the 'obsessively'.... and yes thank heavens for this site! I'd be lost without

Thread Information