Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unusual pets?

Smile Unusual pets?

Does anyone else have any 'unusual' pets, by which I mean anything other than a standard dog/cat/hamster etc? Either in variety or in breed/species?

I find looking at pictures of cute animals helps keep my mood lifted (it really is the simple things!) and so thought it might be nice to see some of your pets

I have had all sorts of pets over the years, currently I have four rats and a standard xoloitzcuintli of the hairless variety (standard mexican hairless dog). I have in the past had guinea pigs, rabbits, budgies, cockatiels, various breeds of dog, ferrets, rats, mice, gerbils, bearded dragons, horses and fish.

Heres a picture of my lovely Hairless hound

one of Our hairless rescue rat we lost recently :(

and our current rats

Re: Unusual pets?

Wow, I love your dog!

I have a Leopard Gecko that I posted a picture of on here. It's in the 'Meet Lyra' thread,

I was thinking of getting a Veiled Chameleon a while ago but decided against it.

Thank you he's a real love bug, thinks hes a lap dog though which can be a pain as hes about the size of a doberman! haha.

Cute! I heard somewhere that chameleon's don;t do too well in captivity, not sure if thats true though?

My mate has a marimo ball? I'd say that's a pet, even if it is just a ball of moss.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Just had to google that one! made me chuckle too

I've posted a pic of him before and yes, it's a cat, but not just any cat....

"Bobcat Legends Socrates Ulysses" is a Pixie Bob. The original breed is said to have come from breeding the kittens from Red Coastal Bobcat and domestic barn cat matings. They were officially recognized as a TICA breed in 1986. They're a rather rare exotic cat with dog-like tendencies. That's something you can Google without worry Our boy will be 4 in November and is very unique to say the least.

"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I think pixie bobs are stunning! I was looking at pictures of kittens a couple of weeks ago (when I get low I search for pets for sale and try to cheer myself up with all the cute pictures haha) Initially I was looking at peterbalds and then I saw the name pixie bob and ended up admiring them for a bit Do you show him, he looks like he'd lap up judges attention XD

Quote Originally Posted by ZebraStripes View Post
    I think pixie bobs are stunning! I was looking at pictures of kittens a couple of weeks ago (when I get low I search for pets for sale and try to cheer myself up with all the cute pictures haha) Initially I was looking at peterbalds and then I saw the name pixie bob and ended up admiring them for a bit Do you show him, he looks like he'd lap up judges attention XD
    Although he's show quality and has "Legend Cat" lineage, we've not shown him. He's very sociable when it comes to people and visitors, likes to go out for walks and rides in the truck but at close to four years old, I don't know how he'd react in a show setting with all the other animals and handling. He's the absolute sweetest boy but he turns into pure wildcat at the vets office. And a 15+ pound cat in a bad mood is a bit much to handle, even for me

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My dog and kitten are fairly standard (a pug and a ragdoll)

But I do have three vampire shrimp in an aquarium. They are wonderful creatures ^^

Does chickens count? :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information