Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very interesting and I'm baffled

Very interesting and I'm baffled

Last night I went to bed and my whole body felt very relaxed which included my breathing. I was able to fall asleep no problem around 10:30 pm and while I woke a couple of times throughout the night (this was normal for me anyhow before I started to have breathing issues), I was able to get back right to sleep again. I finally got out of bed at 6:30 am.

But then it was back to the nonsense with the breathing and in addition to that I have had a bit of tightness in the chest, my head is in a fog, I feel I'm breathing in extreme cold air even though my house is 75 degrees and along with that is the feeling of soreness in the throat.

I got up this morning feeling great, feeling very positive only to have everything start up again.

I was just wondering why this happens.

Re: Very interesting and I'm baffled

I have exactly the same thing. Chest tightness, feeling a bit shakey and as if I am breathing in cold air. What is all that about? Its really weird.

I just find it odd that despite all that goes on during the day, I feel like all symptoms have left once I have gone to sleep for the night. It starts up the next day although I'm not upset or worried about anything. Actually I was looking forward to the day because my husband had taken the day off and we were going to go out. And there it starts all over again.

Unfortunately, the nature of anxiety is unpredictable at times. I can have some fabulous days...and then bam, I feel anxious..and why? I have no idea! That's why they call it generalized anxiety disorder because I'm just 'generally' anxious... I am better now I'm on medication..hoping im on the road to recovery xx

It's a really crazy thing. I see a counsellor in exactly 13 days. I'm really hoping to get this all turned around. Glad to hear you are doing better xrachykinsx

It honestly is crazy! At times you think you're going crazy too! lol It's best to try get as much help as poss in early stages. I was such a stubborn little cow at first, it made me worse as I just tried to do it all myself. I was just generally run down from life stresses since having my son at age 19, took a knock to my confidence..but I WILL get back up there xx

I have been having the issue for 13 weeks now after having all these tests done for ruling out anything physical. I wish the best for all of us. Who would have thought that at age 55, I would have gained this?

The mind is a funny thing..regardless of age It's okay though, you will be good again. Just keep on living your life and don't let the anxious feelings define you and dictate what you do, it's just a feeling afterall xx

Why does it feel like breathing in cold air? It is so annoying.

Are you asthmatic or have you googled and read that it could be a symptom of asthma, its also a symptom of Anxiety, if it was asthma it would not be your only symptom I promise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information