Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Big Sertraline Side Effect Thread

Re: The Great Big Sertraline Side Effect Thread

Yeeeeup, I hear that.

I was on Sertraline 50mg for less than a week - it sent me into orbit with an awful hypomanic episode. Rapid speech, impared judgement and extreme agitation. Avoid if your doctor has any suspicions of a possible mood disorder, this stuff is dynamite.

Hello all. New here, and looking forward to chatting with others dealing with the same things I am. I've been dealing with anxiety since September and recently starting having panic attacks so Dr put me on Sertraline 50mg to start. I took the first one last night before bed hoping I would just sleep through any rough side effects, not so lucky. Woke up at 5am feeling like my body was buzzing. It wasn't completely unbearable, but then the nausea came. If I laid on my back I was okay but I can never sleep on my bad...when I tried to roll over I just felt sick. Finally got up and I feel like I've been in a daze all day. Trying to get work done (I run a business from my home) but I just keep googling side effects to make sure I'm normal

I also take 40mg propranolol twice a day for elevated blood pressure and when I took my morning pill I felt SUPER weird - kind of like I'm floating, with a slight headache, fuzzy vision and just overall fatigue. I also have zero appetite, normally I need to eat right when I wake up but its after 2pm and all I've had was a handful of cereal.

I've never been on a SSRI so I'm so new to this and just looking for reassurance that these are all normal and they will pass as time goes on so I can feel normal again... I have to go out to the store later and I'm dreading that, I feel like I'll just fall asleep on my cart lol

I'm finding I get the shakes most when I first wake up, then for a spell after my lunch.

I've been on the sert for a week now, I can see my thumb shaking as I'm tapping this into my phone.
    I'm so sleepy that I have to take it at night, but then I wake at 5 ish.

On a plus note, my anxiety had calmed down a lot after a month on 40mg of fluoxetine... I couldn't leave the house or work on that stuff!!

I've recently increased from 25 to 50 for a month.. now my doctors told me to go up to 100mg but I wimped out and have taken 75mg the past two days..
    I feel really spaced out and also agitated!! My doctor has told me not to work but I can't shake this feeling that I should be working and that I'm a bad person for not looking for a job.. It's a stupid thought because I know right now that I would be no use in a job, I can't think straight or do anything without panicking. I don't know if this feeling of agitation is a side affect or if it's just me?
    Does anyone feel like their brain is burning? I get such strange sensations in my head..

Limey, how long have you been on sert? what mg?

hatsunemiku, don' feel bad about not working, I haven't been able to for 4 months now. I'm at 75 for almost 2 weeks now and still feel a bit off balance and spacy. My head gets all sorts of weird pressure in it. I hope it passes!

This has been a very long 9 weeks of this stuff and I can only hope its going o help soon. I just want to be functional without it being such a big deal again.

Finished my first month and now feel too nervous to go and get my second prescription. Sertraline has done nothing for me. Not yet, anyway.

Hi con, what dose are you on? I know it takes awhile for these to work, keep hanging in there

Day 2 -absolutely exhausted. Got 8 hours of decent sleep last night and I am falling asleep at my desk. I did feel better than normal when I went out shopping yesterday though, didn't have to rush through the store like a total mad woman. maybe just a placebo effect but I'll take it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information