Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Great Big Sertraline Side Effect Thread

Re: The Great Big Sertraline Side Effect Thread

I have suffered from early wake up 6 - 6.30 with adrenaline rush for the past 6 months, anxiety was creeping up. Now that I have started the med again it is even worst, 5.30. I know it will get better, just have to endure the pain of starting the med again.

Hi guys, Im only on day 3 of 50mg sertraline and I do feel calmer already although probably placebo. However I feel soooo nausious.... cant even smell any kind of food. I made myself eat yesterday but early evening I felt my body go extremely hot and thwn threw up. Anyone else had something similar?xx

Yes, the nausea lasted a good 2 weeks for me. It's the initial rise in serotonin that has a big impact on the gut. It will settle. I lived on soup, toast, crisps and crackers for a while. If it is a major issue you could speak to your DR about some anti sickness medication to see you through this stage.

I also experienced an initial calming effect, but for me it was short lived. At nearly 5 weeks everything is 100x better now. I'm eating & sleeping normally and had a few glasses of wine this weekend with no ill effects.

Tommo x

Quote Originally Posted by helena8888 View Post
    I have suffered from early wake up 6 - 6.30 with adrenaline rush for the past 6 months, anxiety was creeping up. Now that I have started the med again it is even worst, 5.30. I know it will get better, just have to endure the pain of starting the med again.
    Hey Helena,

So glad I'm not alone on the early wake up too. It seems that my body just wakes itself up as soon as I've had around 5 hours. I went to bed at 2pm last night and woke up dead on 7.30 as opposed to 6.30. Strange!

I'm doing the same thing just enduring the pain. I am so flat today that I have no motivation to even pick up a book. So frustrated that I'm just stuck sitting on my bed in a fog :(

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information