Thread: First day of not smoking...

First day of not smoking...

Hi everyone, just thought I'd start a new thread because I gave up smoking today. Only been smoking for about 6 months so i'm hoping it should't be too difficult. I've bought some nicotine gum which is helping. Any ex-smokers want to comment?

Re: First day of not smoking...

Hi Andy, well done. I gave up some years ago on my third attempt have to say, but yes hopefully after only 6 months it might come a little easier for you. Good luck x

Congratulations, 5 years this coming christmas day for me, actually think Its improved my anxiety levels.

Well done Andy
    I quit when I was nineteen, had started smoking at fourteen (to young I know) for me the first two weeks were the toughest especially in the morning and after dinner but it started to get easier to cope once the nicotine thinned out,
    try and keep your hands busy because smoking installs that hand to mouth action in the subconscious to the point were you just automatically do it without thinking, I think that's why some people put on weight after stopping because they substitute the cigarettes with food and snacks, you could try one of those fake plastic cigarettes,

keep it going mate, smoking will just be a distant memory to you one day

Hi
    A close friend of mine smoked like the proverbial chimney,but gave up after seeing her father die from a smoking related illness.
    This was about 10years ago,and she never went back,so it can be done.
    I used to smoke a bit socially when I was younger but now not for a long time.
    I recently had a major operation,and its the first thing the aneasthatist asks you,that's when it really hits home how it can affect your prospects,whatever your age,but especially as you get older,and you can't undo the damage.
    None of us know when we'll need an operation,and if we do,its good to know you're giving your body the best shot at success.
    Keep going!

Thread Information