Thread: Help me please frequent urination

Help me please frequent urination

Hello to all...new member here.

I am so very scared and stressed about this. For the last 3 months I have been suffering from severe frequent urination. Nothing seems to help. Today, in just 2 hours I have been to the toilet at least 3 times. What makes me anxious is that I have been peeing in large amount too. The volume seems too much. I have not drank much fluids today (2 glasses of water) . I feel worse because for the last few days I have been trying to be relaxed and I even managed to pee only once every one and a half to two hours. ( though apparently it is still considered as frequency) Dunno what happened today and i feel like peeing every 45 minutes and not in small amount too. I have consulted three doctors but none of the medications seem to work. I have not yet been treated for anxiety though since none of my doctors mentioned stress. I used to worry a lot about diabetes because I occasionally suffer from dry mouth too and even before this I used to pee a lot (around 8 times) though I use to drink a lot of water but I was able to be in control of my bladder. However now my condition has become unbearable. I am afraid of going out and keep worrying constantly about my frequent urination issue. My bro-in law said maybe I am suffering from overactive-bladder. I noticed that i started getting this frequent urination after some stressful days back in January. It was sudden and it is not stopping even after 3 months.. I have tested for diabetes twice and my readings are ok. I have no kidney and uterus problems nor UTI. I feel so helpless and scared. This is ruining my life. Nothing seems to help-neither medicines nor prayers. I am tired of taking medicines that are not helping me at all. Tonight i just broke down and cried a lot. I am only 23 years old. Please tell me if anxiety can cause all this. Will anxiety meds help? Thank you for reading. I am sorry if this is too long to read. Much blessings.Any advice will be helpful.

I must mention I have given up on tea since 2 months ago and I also have been recently diagnosed with Polycystic ovary syndrome :(
    Last edited by Mehr; 25-04-14 at 21:34.

Re: Help me please frequent urination

Hi and welcome Mehr

I can see how this peeing a lot is annoying coz I am in the same boat. Certainly anxiety can cause you to urinate frequently and sitting around worrying and thinking about it won't help either. I was told a while ago that not drinking much can make you go a lot although I don't know how true that is. I pee a lot every hour but I daren't go to the docs coz I also worry about diabetes.

I am not sure what to suggest to you as you have had all the tests

Sorry I can't be of help. I just wanted you to know that I am the same and have been like this on and off for a few years now

Hi,
    I have the same problem especially before bed - can go twice in half hour!
    Counsellor told me all down to anxiety but I still get worries! But anxiety does cause it so try not to worry xx

Quote Originally Posted by xBettyBoopx View Post
    Hi and welcome Mehr

I can see how this peeing a lot is annoying coz I am in the same boat. Certainly anxiety can cause you to urinate frequently and sitting around worrying and thinking about it won't help either. I was told a while ago that not drinking much can make you go a lot although I don't know how true that is. I pee a lot every hour but I daren't go to the docs coz I also worry about diabetes.

I am not sure what to suggest to you as you have had all the tests

Sorry I can't be of help. I just wanted you to know that I am the same and have been like this on and off for a few years now

Thank you for the kind words. I can understand you. I feel awful and no one seems to understand me. Only my sister can console me but she thinks I am just suffering from overactive bladder and not anxiety. I keep thinking and being depressed about my issue all the freaking time.

Actually it was the fear of diabetes that triggered my frequent urination. I have been suffering from dry mouth since nearly two years ago. My family has a history of diabetes and I was so convinced I had it too. I refused to go to the doctor and always avoided taking the test. I became so worried and depressed and I started peeing like every 15 minutes. The next day my mum forced me to take the fasting glucose test and the reading was in a normal range. Despite this , I was not reassured because I did not have dinner the previous night and I thought maybe I cheated. My issue with urination and dry mouth did not stop and I still feared I have diabetes. Three days later, an aunt of mine went to the hospital and I had to accompany her. I also decided to consult a doctor about my issues. The nurse took a random sugar test for me and to my relief, again the reading was ok. The doctor said I have a UTI (he did not do any test) and that my dry mouth was my imagination. I did told him I don't have any pain or burning symptoms but he gave antibiotics anyway.

Despite this i still urinate constantly although my dry mouth seems to be a bit better. I am so frustrated. I have spent a lot on doctors and medicines but to no avail. I still have this tiny fear that I have diabetes (yeah I am too paranoid). Some tell me anxiety is causing this and some tell me anxiety does not cause you to pee in large amounts and that too frequently. I just finished university and I am afraid if this will affect my future job

I suggest you take the diabetes test. It is better to know it now than suffer the consequences later. I know how you feel. I was nearly trembling while taking the test. Who knows maybe your sugar readings will be normal and you can rule out diabetes and that is one worry less. Thank you

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mgw View Post
    Hi,
    I have the same problem especially before bed - can go twice in half hour!
    Counsellor told me all down to anxiety but I still get worries! But anxiety does cause it so try not to worry xx

Thank you for replying. Yeah mine seems to get severe at night...dunno why. Do you pee in normal amount or less? Mine are almost excessive.

Hi, mines excessive too, always a lot even when I don't drink much!

Quote Originally Posted by mgw View Post
    Hi, mines excessive too, always a lot even when I don't drink much!

do you think this is really linked to anxiety? I have friends who go to pee only like 3-5 times in 24hrs. This makes me feel more depressed.

Thread Information