Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think I pushed myself too far

Think I pushed myself too far

I'm panicking. I've been achieving so much latly that I agreed to have a birthday meal to celebrate my 21st. It seemed manageable at the time but now the day is here I am totally freaking out, not felt quite this bad in a while, my stomach is going crazy... I just really want to cancel :(

I hate eating out at the best of times. I feel too sick to eat when I'm anxious and there's going to be 17 of us today (family) that just seems like way too much. I've had a cake made specially as a suprise too which is worrying me, I don't like to be centre of attention and I hate all the fuss.

On top of this my sister has had a sick bug over the weekend and though she's better I'm now panicking that I've caught it, it's another one of my worries to get ill in front of others.

I really really really don't want to do this today :( :( :(

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

Re: Think I pushed myself too far

It is probably just anticipatory anxiety which I get all the time but 9 times out if 10 when I just feel the fear and do it any way I surprise myself by actually enjoying it! I am sure you will be fne when you get there.

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Oh I forgot to say ...congratulations on your 21st! I hope today turnd out ti be a happy one for you.

Hi jayjoe, happy birthday, Honey x

As the others have said, the anticipation has you all worked up. Try and keep in mind how many times you have felt like this before and nothing happened that hurt you. Know that, even if you panic, it will pass.

You will be amongst people who love you, if you need to step outside for some air then you can do that.

I hope that you manage to enjoy yourself. Let us know how you got on.

Lisa x

Hi jayjoe happy birthday , hope your having a nice day.

As others said it is most likely anticipatory anxiety, I get it a lot

I am the same, I don't like a fuss when it comes to my birthday and I really dislike all of the attention from my family but I know they're only trying to be kind, caring and loving which will be the same with your family

Have a great 21st

Happy 21st Birthday, think of today as the first day of the rest of your life,no matter how bad you feel I am sure you will feel ten times worse if you don't have something great to look back on for your very special of days,and your 21st is truly one of those special days that you only get once so even if your nervous some of that is bound to be excitement as well, save us some cake x

Hi jayjoe
    Happy Birthday hun!
    Been thinking about you,
    Looking forward to hearing how it went.xx

Hi guys, thanks so much for your posts. I do always read them, just in the moments of panic I can never compose myself enough to compose replies, haha! Thank you all for the birthday wishes too and thank you april hun

Well, I managed it, it went quite well actually anxiety wise... I couldn't do my safety behaviours so I think that made the anticipation before hand worse, but in the last few minutes before leaving wierdly enough a wave of calm washed over me. I think maybe because I knew I couldn't get out of going, so I just accepted it and got on with it and as always the anxiety got a lot better once I was there. I did have moments where I got waves of panic & I struggled eating as I kept feeling quite sick, but I pushed through it (didn't eat a lot mind you!) but atleast I got through it

I had an a-m-a-z-i-n-g cake made for me by a family friend, it was brill and everyone was really nice and made a fuss of me. I'm really glad I actually did something to celebrate this year instead of watching it go by, even though it was really difficult at times! It's another achievement for me so I'm happy xxx

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

Really pleased you found the strength to go and best of all you enjoyed It.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaUK View Post
    Really pleased you found the strength to go and best of all you enjoyed It.
    Thank Alexandria x

Yaaaaaayyy,that is so great to hear! Well done!
    Could just eat a peice of that cake now with my tea,lol
    Xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information