Thread: Amitriptyline 125mg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Amitriptyline 125mg

Hi there,

I have been on Amitriptyline for around 1 and a half years. I was on 175mg at the start but was having a terrible time with them in the morning. I woke up but felt like I had the worse hangover ever. I am down to 125mg but the feeling is still there every morning and it is so difficult for me to live like this. I have asked my G.P. if I could try something else but he would rather my Shrink do this. I am not seeing him until July. I am tempted to reduce the dosage myself but have had my fingers burnt in the past doing this. I know not a lot of people take this for anxiety and depression but has anyone had any similar experiences? Does anyone else feel like this in the morning?

Best wishes to everyone in NMP land....

Re: Amitriptyline 125mg

Hi I was wondering whether you continued with the dose of amitriptyline you was on.
    I have started this for anxiety and depression too I have had to increase it by 10 mg each time and I am still only on 60 mg.
    I am also struggling with the not feeling with it! I was wondering whether this has improved for you. Also did it make you feel worse when starting it?

Re: Amitriptyline 125mg

Quote Originally Posted by scallyali View Post
    Hi I was wondering whether you continued with the dose of amitriptyline you was on.
    I have started this for anxiety and depression too I have had to increase it by 10 mg each time and I am still only on 60 mg.
    I am also struggling with the not feeling with it! I was wondering whether this has improved for you. Also did it make you feel worse when starting it?
    Hi there,

I am very sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am on 100mg now but not in a good place. My shrink is suggesting a change back to prozac but really anxious about doing it.....How are you getting on with it?

Best Wishes
    Steven

Thread Information