Thread: Anxiety symptoms for weeks?

Anxiety symptoms for weeks?

I'm 28 years old but lately have felt like an 80 year old man. I've been experiencing muscle weakness, fatigue, dry/red eyes, tremors, body aches, like I have the flu but no fever/vomiting. I've also been feeling kind of zoned out, dazed and foggy headed, like I'm not really here, its weird and hard to describe but something just feels off. Some days are worse than others. Sometimes it just feels like I'm dying.

This has been going on since about 4 weeks ago and it seems like they all just hit me at once. A few months prior to this I had felt something weird under my right ribs, like something that shouldnt be there, but I can't tell if its cartilidge, muscle or some kind of mass. I think this sparked the health anxiety part of it because all I can think about is cancer and I must be dying. Couple this with the added stress in my life of being a single dad, with a stressful job, just trying to make it.

I read the symptoms page and read several posts with people having the same symptoms and that helped me realize more than likely this is anxiety. I guess I just don't understand how these symptoms can last for several weeks or months even? Has anyone had similar symptoms that went away with time? I could use some reassurance.

Re: Anxiety symptoms for weeks?

Hi
    Have you been checked out with your doc to rule out any physical reasons?
    Anxiety can drag on and on,its the pits,but meds can help.

Re: Anxiety symptoms for weeks?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information