Hi there, first time posting here. Having read various posts regarding the connection between anxiety/panic and magnesium deficiency, I felt I would like to share my story.

Having been recovered from agorophobia for the past 10 years and leading a relatively normal life (still have anxiety but not the debilitating panic attacks) I have seemingly out of the blue been hit with horrendous panic again, to the point the very thought of leaving the house brings on a whole host of symptoms. I also suffer from dyspepsia for which I take omeprozole, and also bendroflumethiazide for fluid retention in foot. Anyway I have discovered those 2 meds together can cause magnesium deficiency, and levels should be monitored, not something my GP has ever mentioned to me, but something I will be mentioning at my app tomorrow. With hindsight, I prob have had symptoms of deficiency, ie joint/muscle pain, eye twitches, sensitivity to noise, all of which I put down to possible menopause (as did my GP, levels are normal though). Yesterday, I was feeling pretty awful, ate a banana, which took the edge off my anxiety, not for long though, took a couple of Calcium and Mag tabs which I had in house, and felt loads better! I have now ordered the better you magnesium oil so will see how that goes and let you know. In my opinion i'd say low magnesium levels do play a part in anxiety disorders.

Anyone else had similar experiences with those meds or even just omeprozole as that one seems to be the biggest offender.