Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: convinced iv got pancreatic cancer.

convinced iv got pancreatic cancer.

Oh boy...:( I have so many symptoms. Iv got excruciating pain in my upper right back, quite far over to the right a few inches under my arm. Iv also got pain right between my should blades. Last night iwoke up drenced in sweat, everything was soaked, I'm so scared :'( been to the gp 6 times now...they say my blood test was normal..but I know fine that a routine blood test doesn't actually detect all that much...and doesn't detect cancer.
    I found a painful lump in my mid abdomen today as well.
    Going back to the Dr tomorrow but I'm sure I'll just get the usual 'its anxiety' diagnosiscoz they can't be bothered doing their job properly!

Re: convinced iv got pancreatic cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_cupcakes View Post
    Oh boy...:( I have so many symptoms. Iv got excruciating pain in my upper right back, quite far over to the right a few inches under my arm. Iv also got pain right between my should blades. Last night iwoke up drenced in sweat, everything was soaked, I'm so scared :'( been to the gp 6 times now...they say my blood test was normal..but I know fine that a routine blood test doesn't actually detect all that much...and doesn't detect cancer.
    I found a painful lump in my mid abdomen today as well.
    Going back to the Dr tomorrow but I'm sure I'll just get the usual 'its anxiety' diagnosiscoz they can't be bothered doing their job properly!
    Actually, routine blood work will show certain markers that warrant further investigation. In 6 visits, if the GP felt there was something sinister going on, you would have been referred. In today's world, they can't afford to miss something like this for fear of a law suit.

Good luck and positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You feeling any better katie?

No :(
    Iv been waking up in the night sweating, and I feel really thirsty all the time...so I'm thinking iv got diabetes caused by pancreatic cancer.
    Iv got pains in my upper back, no appetite, weight loss.
    The doctors just say its anxiety without even testing for anything serious. The more I go back the more they just see that as anxiety...
    I really don't think it is this time! :(

Hi Katie.

I'm currently having very similar symptoms. It could be muscular pain in your back. I too am trying very hard to convince myself I don't have pancreatic cancer and the good people here do talk a lot of sense. I think that anxiety/stress, especially chronic, ongoing cases can take all sorts of subtle tolls on our bodies that we mistake for other things...if only I could take my own advice!!

For what it's worth, I've been having a few hot baths and laying on the floor to try and relax the muscles in my back...perhaps something similar might help you in the short term?

Again, if it helps, when my anxiety is at it's most fervent, my appetite goes right out the window.

I hope you feel better soon,

Best,

Dan

Wouldn't it be nice to take our own advice??? It's so much easier to be logical with someone else.....

Hi Katie

Fishmanpa knows his stuff when it comes to the big C unfortunately, I've read numerous posts by him and admire his positivtey and outlook after such trauma, no disrespect to anyone else all of us have our own traumatic experiences and I'll share mine about the pancreas.

I was 19 and went to my bed with a sore stomach fell asleep for 2 hours and woke up vomiting rings round myself the pain wasn't even on a scale of 1to10 it had sky rocketed beyond belief, stomach was distended like I was a 9 month pregnant female, i couldn't even put my heels on the ground had to stay on my toes my sister was holding my hand as I defecated from the mouth!! I was rushed in a blue lit ambulance and morphined up to the eye balls, 3 weeks I spent in hospital and I have never in my life felt pain like that.

I'm 31 now and that will forever stay fresh in my mind, blood work would definitely point out to the doc if their was anything wrong with your pancreas.

I had a similar incident at 25 pain radiating through my back in abdomen and because of my previous the hospital wanted me at a&e quick shift, blood work was done all normal I was still in agony and the doctor said from my x-ray she had never seen anyone in her medical career that was as full of trapped wind as I was so after a losec iv I was left in a room to fart the wind away, the consultant was dumbfounded at how much air was trapped, she told me I had done the right thing in coming to a&e but also said it was brought on by anxiety, panic, stress etc.

It's very alarming but I hope my story has reassured you Katie

Try the warm bath, are you on omeprazole??

Hope you get it sorted.

I honestly don't mean any disrespect to anyone please don't take me the wrong way plz.

Take care

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

I couldn't agree more worried24/7 about the own advice but we can be here for each other and share our experience with this anxiety aka (Beast)

Petesy :-)

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

I'm awake again. Woke up in another night sweat, sheets soaked, felt really sick. Ran to bathroom felt so so sick. Curled up in a ball shouting for my mum. Felt better after that and now I'm back in bed, just shaking and feeling really thirsty and scared :'(

I'm sorry Dan, krystal, & worried 24/7

I've read that back and I didn't mean to come across as if your advice or reassurance wasn't good enough I apologise I really do :$

Petesy

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 ----------

Katie I'm here

Make sure you rehydrate, if you're still feeling sick then sip at the water not gulps, i hate being or feeling sick it has me thinking I'm choking to death I always need someone to be there with me but don't get me wrong I've been on my own when it's happened also..... I've had the sheets ringing wet with sweat actually thought I'd wee'd the bed sometimes it was that bad.

Have you started medication??

Petesy

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Started medication 2 days ago for anxiety.

I know this is such a typical thing for some with with HA to say, but I really do not think its anxiety. I have never felt so ill and iv never woke up in sweats like this before :( I'm so scared...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information