Thread: Antibiotics

Antibiotics

Been given antibiotics for a chest infection today, I hate taking tablets as I am scared of side effects to the point that when I have taken something I automatically feel panicky and anxious

Had an amoxicillin an hour ago and feel well out of it here at work and jittery and anxious. I'm sure it's just my mind but it's scaring me

Doc said my temp was normal and oxygen ok but it's making my breathing feel odd

Anyway just getting it out there

Re: Antibiotics

Sorry you're not feeling well....

Amoxicillin is probably the most prescribed antibiotic on the market. It's not the meds making your breathing feel odd but I think you know that Take your meds and feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey, I agree with Fishmanpa, Amoxicillin is the most common antibiotic, most people have had it at some point in their lives! I think the fact that you have said you were worried about taking them in the first place signals that it's not the antibiotics but your anxiety playing up- you're probably looking for a symptom and your starting to worry about your breathing because your getting anxious about the tablets. Hope you feel better soon

Thanks all, have had 3 now and I feel ok about it

Your anxiety could result make the chest infection play up hence the breathing issues. I have asthma and when I get a chest infection, it impacts my asthma, so maybe your lungs are under a but mitre pressure already from the infection and the anxiety makes it more apparent to you.

Thread Information