Thread: ibs or bowel cancer, please help!

ibs or bowel cancer, please help!

hi all,

i am going through a bad time, as soon as i eat anything within ten minutes its out the other end! and my stomach bloats up to, is this ibs? or is it something more serious? please help me here.

I can assure you its not bowel Cancer dee. I was diagnosed with IBS 3 years ago and certain foods do the same to my.

I did whats they call an allergy test to take help work out what caused my symptoms. Eventually after realising my fav foods were causing the problems

I would speak to your GP and she will explain what you can do !! Please dont worry I am sure it is easy to resolve

sue

scknight

hi dee
    sue,s right its i.b.s iget it from time to time i saw a nutritional therapist and that really helped me you might have a wheat or dairy allergy try cutting out or cutting down those 2 food sources it might help
    Mick

Yep, sounds like IBS, although I have trouble convincing myself - even though I've had all the tests! Mine is definitely worse when I am more anxious.

I would also suggest you see your GP - they can do some blood tests to check it isn't anything else. Are you passing any blood? Do you have a lot of pain? If so, could be an inflammatory bowel condition (eg colitis). Best to get an opinion rather than assume IBS as there are many bowel conditions and each has it's own treatment.

Caroline
    xx

hello,
    sounds like ibs..do to doc to double check..i was diagnosed with this about 5 years ago...they didnt do tests with me cause they said i had symptoms for a few years before.so it couldnt be anything else..i can assure you that stressing will make it worse...i like some others cant say its any food in particular that affects me..cause sometimes i can eat one thing and be fine,then next day,same food will flare me up....tho dairy as in full cow milk usually doesnt agree with me...nor does soda drinks..dont worry,the bloating is a typical ibs thing...its the colon not doing its thing properly...so it kinda spasms...i sometimes get pain with the bloating..but it all passes when i go to the loo..(sorry,prob too much info)...this is a main thing of ibs...

btw,
    i recently found out that many ibs sufferers also suffer from anxiety..that these two things are very closely linked..tho i only just got the anxiety myself this year..

Hi saintdee,

I can totally relate to this.When my anxiety and panics are at a all time high i suffer with horrible stomach symptoms same as you.

Ive never been diagnosed with ibs but i do know that when i'm feeling ok my stomach and toilet troubles arent half as bad.

Take care,Candie xxx

Thread Information