Thread: still waiting for endoscopy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

still waiting for endoscopy

Hi All

It's 4 weeks now since my gp referred me for an endoscopy and I haven't heard anything from the hospital at all! He originally told me around 6 week wait but as I haven't even had the appointment time yet this isn't looking good!

i phoned the surgery last week but they couldnt help! what am I supposed to do?

Meanwhile my stomach has got a bit better, but I am taking gaviscon 3x a day - im terrified of not taking it cos symptoms make me worry more.

thanks

Re: still waiting for endoscopy

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Are u on nhs? Try calling 0333 2023187 that's the in house endoscopy referral number, that has been listed on my letter for an endoscopy. Surely u should of heard by now mine was a 3 week wait.

Different areas have different waiting times. If your doctor said 6 weeks then he may have meant until you get the appointment? I would wait another couple of weeks and if you haven't heard by then give the hospital a call.

i had an appointment with gastro consultant on fridat 16th may but ive just had a letter saying it has been cancelled due to being booked inappropriately! this is getting rediculous

Thread Information