Thread: Upper back burning sensation/strong pain that comes and goes...

Upper back burning sensation/strong pain that comes and goes...

Hello everyone,

Trying to cope with my anxiety here by not googling my symptoms so I've decided to just write up a post about this pain I experienced last night.

All day yesterday I felt great, almost anxiety free, until I got home and had the foggy brain sensation, but wasn't much of a bother. I went on the computer around 7pm and was on for a couple of hours.

I started to feel this very strong/burning pain in my upper right back. The pain would go around under my arm pit and to the front of my right breast. Although the pain wasn't felt in my shoulder. I also felt the exact same sensation in my right hand, but not in my arm. It was a throbbing pain, if I pressed on the area it would make it worse. I also felt it deep behind my breast and a bit under my right collar bone. I'm not sure what's going on but anyways I went to bed and woke up; it was gone. Now it's almost 1pm and I'm starting to feel it rise up again, but I'm not sure if it's because I'm thinking about it...

The night before last night I was very anxious because I was recently worried about nocturnal seizures and I was going to stay at my boyfriends house, which made me worry that I would have one with him there. I didn't, thank fully (knock on wood) so now I feel more assured. Like I said, the day after I was fine all day until night time where the pain hit.

Anyone experienced this before? I sometimes get it on the left side but not as often and not as severe.

Re: Upper back burning sensation/strong pain that comes and goes...

Could it be a pulled muscle? I get all kinds of weird pains. I get some that hurt when I breath like a rib bone is poking my lungs. I am nursing so my boobs burn an I have felt sharp pains under them as well. I hope this makes you feel better!

2 hours on the Computer could easily account for It,your muscles can only take so much and the position you sit in can cause spasms in chest and back

Quote Originally Posted by Stressed32 View Post
    Could it be a pulled muscle? I get all kinds of weird pains. I get some that hurt when I breath like a rib bone is poking my lungs. I am nursing so my boobs burn an I have felt sharp pains under them as well. I hope this makes you feel better!
    Hmm, it could be! But the pain isn't constant and certain activities don't make it worse...

Thank you for the response either way, helps a lot x

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaUK View Post
    2 hours on the Computer could easily account for It,your muscles can only take so much and the position you sit in can cause spasms in chest and back
    I was on for about 4 hours, and almost in the same position. I've never experienced a spasm before in that area, would it feel like burning and deep pain?

It certainly would, did you eat while on there as wind can also cause very painfull pain in upper back

No, I didn't eat while on there. And today I don't feel any pain in the area at all. So weird!

Sounds like muscle pain to me, esp if it was sore when you pressed it. All our muscles are connected, so if you have a knot or something in one area it can spread to other places (called referred pain).

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

This website shows trigger points and where they can refer pain to ... it's actually pretty eye-opening! Muscles in our backs can trigger pain in our chest and arms, etc.

http://triggerpoints.net/upper-back-shoulder-arm.htm

Thread Information