Thread: Thyroid cancer?

Thyroid cancer?

I searched "extremely swollen gland under chin, in front portion of throat" on Google and a result came up pairing what I searched with Thyroid cancer.

Now, I'm all shaken up and anxious. I got a blood test like three months ago or so, WHILE the swelling was still persisting, and everything checked out normal other than my potassium levels which were easily brought back up. (The blood-work was administered by our local Emergency Room..)

If that was the case, they would've detected it right then and there, yeah?

I also got two infected teeth pulled three weeks ago since I was told, by my dentist, that the swelling was more than likely attributed to my lymph nodes reacting to the infections.

Well, they're out..and, as I said, it's been three weeks. Wouldn't the swelling have gone down at least a noticeably sum since?...I'm a bit skeptical as it's gotten really bad the past five days or so. I can feel it with my fingers, see it in the mirror, and when I swallow, clear my throat, or talk - I can feel it then, too. Rather uncomfortable, you get me?

I do suffer from acid reflux and have for many years now, if that's of any help? I'm only 20 years old so I'm really rooting for youth being on my side of things here..

Well, you get the jist of it. My anxiety's cropping up over my not knowing what this could be caused by. Any suggestions/advice? Similar experiences, even?

Thank you all in advance and be well!

Re: Thyroid cancer?

The teeth may be out but it takes time for swelling to go down especially if there has been infection in that area. It sounds to be like it is related to the tooth infection.

Thread Information