Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of childbirth/pregnancy

Fear of childbirth/pregnancy

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering if theres any ladies out there who relate to the fear of childbirth/pregnancy.I would like to hear from you,especially if you have overcome it.

I'm only 16 but!

I'm afraid of the morning sickness I'd get as I have a phobia of being sick.

Hi
    Yeah i had this big time for nearly 2 years. I scared my self ****less that i was pregnant every month. I had a very difficult pregnancy prior to that and was scard of it happening again. Im in a good stable relationship now and not so scared anymore

I just KNOW that I would spend the entire 9 months trying to figure a way out of it! Fortunately, I don't want kids anyway....

Tocophobia - fear of being pregnant!

Hello I have had 1 child and would NEVER do it again!!!!!

Hope the thread above helps there are more but I can't read them![xx(]

Take Care

Steph

I overcame it! When I found out I was pregnant with my first child (I was 21), I didn't eat for nearly 3 months. I constantly threw up (not morning sickness - through fear!) I couldn't even keep the Complan down - I was scared sh*tless!! It was bloody awful. It was the thought of needles, pain, stitches and a dreaded feeling of not being able to cope with a totally helpless baby. Probably one of my worst fears was that some of my results i.e. blood tests, would come back with something mega wrong. Then it went onto downs syndrome and cleft palates, missing limbs, stillborn. I think I must have thought of everything.

Well, I was right about the needles and the stitches (at the time - they don't bother me now) and I reckon I had the worst pregancny ever in the world lol!! BUT, I went and did it TWICE again and it was a bloody breeze!

The thing with pregnancy is once we have got ourselves pregnant and are happy with the decision, there is no going back. There are some scary times, when your emotions are all over the place, but I would do it all again if I had to. Nothing brings more love and satisfaction, than bringing a child into the world. Something that you and your partner have created. Its wonderful!

Are you all cringeing now haha!!

No, honestly, I really did overcome it. A first baby is going to be the most scariest because you don't know what to expect and worry about anything and everything. After that, it all comes naturally.

No need to worry ladies, that comes when they turn 18 lol!!!

Les, xx

Hi,

I am terrified of becoming pregnant again, but for a very good reason. My last pregnancy was unplanned, but it was twins, identical girls (Joni and Grace) and I was very excited, not really too bothered about the birth etc as I knew I would probably have a C Section at around 36 weeks.... I didnt have any morning sickness, only nausea, I loved my growing bump etc... Unfortunately I went into labour at 20 weeks and lost them both.

Last year I was desperate to try again, but I have a couple of health issues I wanted to sort out first. Now, I am terrified. I desperately want a baby but I know I will spend the whole time freaking out that it will happen again!

Having said that I know of hundreds of women who have gone on to have more babies after suffering a loss, and I know it is unlikely to happen to me again.

My biggest fear is that I will panic so much I will actually cause the loss of a baby.

Ideally I would like to be put into a coma for 9 months and wake up one day with a little baby! LOL if only.

"Smile Like You Mean It"

Hello,

A few members here know that I had a very difficult pregnancy. I am 3 months post partum. My anxiety was sky high, I was terrified of labor/delivery. I had played out every possible scenario in my mind and of course all of them were negative. I have since told myself that I will not put myself or my family through that ever again. It was just way too hard.

My labor and delivery went okay, hurt like hell. It truly is the worst pain ever.[^] Since delivering I am now able to watch the baby delivery shows I have realized that my delivery really wasn't as smooth and uneventful as I had thought...I am just very grateful my doctor knew of my anxiety and kept a lot of it under wraps for my sake.

My only advice would be if you truly don't want children then that's okay, but if it's only because of the fear you will be missing out. They are the best gift and they are my life!

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

Hi all,
    thank you so much for taking time to reply.I really appreciate it alot.I have read each and every single reply and I must say I can relate to what some of you have shared.

Here's the real deal,I do want to start a family soon but I am not sure what to expect since I know my threshold for pain in extremely,unbelieavably low.I extremely fear the thought of going into labour,the pain associated with it and all the gory details.What some of you have shared with me really made me feel like I could conquer it all once I am pregnant which I hope would be the ideal scenario BUT what if I don't and my anxiety worsened?How do I deal with that?How do you ladies who have the fear factor deal with anxiety once you're pregnant?The problem is the 'PAIN' word kept haunting me when I read accounts of women who experienced childbirth and so my brain is so immuned to associating childbirth to pain.Is there any professional help I can seek?I would do anything to prepare myself in getting rid of this anxiety.

I have heard from all the people I know who have given birth say that the memory of the pain is cancelled out by the awe of having you baby there to hold! Otherwise why would people go on to have more?

You can have things like hypnotherapy, reiki etc to help calm you, and I'm sure if you told your midwife/consultant about your anxiety they would support you.

You might actually enjoy being pregnant. I didnt suffer from anxiety when I was pregnant, but I had plenty of things to worry about, but I truely loved being pregnant. I really loved my body for the job it was doing, loved my growing bump and showing it off with tight clothes, and knowing there were 2 little babies in there, with me all the time.

I think tnt808's words "My only advice would be if you truly don't want children then that's okay, but if it's only because of the fear you will be missing out. They are the best gift and they are my life!" are very true, and I hope to one day be brave enough to have another try, and if I cant then I will adopt or use a surrogate or something, because my want to have a child is so great.

Start seeking help now, before you even try to conceive.

Good Luck x x x

"Smile Like You Mean It"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information