Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fear of childbirth/pregnancy

Re: Fear of childbirth/pregnancy

V interesting thread....I am worried about how I would cope with the pregancy and worry. x

Quote Originally Posted by fairyloveheart View Post
    V interesting thread....I am worried about how I would cope with the pregancy and worry. x

There are things to help mummies to be get through pregnancy if stressing about it. Many maternity hospitals run special classes on how to deal with anixety, reflexolgy classes, massage classes etc. A good midwife and GP will help you through. And things like pregnancy yoga and having acupuncture can really help.

Pregnancy is a worrying time for those who are not anxious so no mid-wife is going to be shocked that women are getting themselves super worked up and in an anxious state about it.

So don't let the fear rule you. Because there are ways to cope xxxxxx

I'm scared of pregnancy because i have had depression in the past, have Panic Disorder and Anxiety Disorder...i'm terrified that while i fear death, that i will get post natal depression and try to kill myself or even worse...my child!

Hi all,this was what i was looking for to chat about my fears Well i have one child, hes 5 so i can say how it feels and how i feel now. Even though i did it once it doesnt stop me feeling anxious again! i have 6 weeks left and my anciety has increased, i have had about 4-5 panic attacks the last few weeks, most i have had in years! My 1st pregnancy i panicked all way thru, what if i get pre eclampsia?high blood pressure? every twinge i thought it was worse, hated having my bp checked as thought it would go up, was petrified of having panic attack in labour! i knew from start i would go pain releif free as i didnt want to feel unreality from any drugs and heart racing! well i went into labour early over a week as i know i did as had sudden diarrea,sickness,braxtion hicks, then nothing untill 2 days over due date, i ate spicy hot pizza and bang ten mins later i had first contraction! you know what? i was not frightened! excited and went to hospital ay 10.45 and i gave birth 6.25, the hours flew by, my contractions were abpout 1-2 mins apart all the time, probably 1-2 times i was rahhh and agitated but pnce i got into water pool i was ok, just did it,didnt want to be touched thoughand let my body do what it had to do,wasnt scared at all! contractions panful,like period pans but tolerable and i felt i went into own world and coped! Had panic attack on evening though as i had baby and had to say in as was first time and it uspet me! any way, im 6 weeks to go to have second and im worrying,what if i dont cope this time round, what if i hemorage or my heart stops! these are my anxiety fears! I developed anxiety and panic with my blood tests too but one day my bp went high cos i was anxious and doctor suggested blood test there and then so i had to and since there i not scared of them now lol xx

Glad someone posted about this to be honest, I suffer from HA and high Anx, my pregnancy was rather mixed for me emotiions for me. Whilst I was so happy to be pregnannt and it took us a while to actually get to that point, I just never thought past certain points.

Sadly I had a horrable exp in hospital and some of the midwives and staff were appauling to me, not long after that I got PND and hurried back to work to try and shut everything out!

2 years later and private thearpy I think we might have another...lol so it can't be all that bad. I think when I have my Max and see how he is and how he acts I would do it all again regardless of how much drama it was. I have never loved anything more in my life than my son and he actually makes me a better person and want to overcome my HA.

I do wish that the midwives would be a bit more sympathetic! I might pay for a private midwife for my next pg just to talk me through it all. I even started saving!!

Sorry you had a bad time with certain staff - especially midwives. I don't doubt that some of them are vile, but i think the NHS is more to blame than it's staff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information