Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here if you're committed to getting better

Post here if you're committed to getting better

As an experiment I'm trying to work out how many people want to beat their health anxiety, and in particular how many of you on this forum actually read posts like this one, which are less about reassurance-seeking about individual symptoms and more about trying to get to the core of health anxiety and getting better.

If you are truly committed to getting your life back to how it once was before health anxiety became a problem for you, post here - a quick update about how you're feeling and how far you believe you are on the path to recovery will be fine.

Thanks,

Mike
    Author, How to Beat Health Anxiety - "Absolutely the best book I have ever read on health anxiety. It was obvious that the author struggled with this in his own life and has overcome it. That's what gives hope to others who are going through this. Read this book if you are suffering! It will help you!" - Amazon Reviewer

Re: Post here if you're committed to getting better

I'm doing so much better with my health anxiety than I was a year ago. There are still issues I'd like to work on, like over thinking health problems and being nervous taking certain drugs.

It no longer rules my life like it once used to, I'm pretty calm most of the time and I don't visit my doctor unless it's genuinely needed. But I'm facing some difficult health problems that in turn will pose some difficulties for me anxiety wise, and I'd like to work to become comfortable with whatever happens with my health.

Hi skippy Ive come along way I was a wreck constanltly in bed ,I had every illness you could imagine (in my head) looking back I never thought I would get better ,im now so much better due to having fantastic doctors and thearpists ,im working again Ive even started getting abit of a social life back its amazing and I still have bad days but I dont let it get in my head ,what keeps me going is knowing there are so many people worse off than me and I want to live life not hide from it anymore ,Im never going back to that dark dark place I call living hell xx thanks skippy xx

I am committed. It's such a battle and I like this idea. Maybe we can keep posting updates on how we are doing apart from reassurance-seeking (which I do, I admit!).

I think I am starting a new battle now. I had to go on lexapro a year and a half ago, and it helped my anxiety astronomically. Now I have gotten off of it - for a few reasons - because it felt like the right time. Since being off the meds, I am really sensitive to if i feel any anxiety. I get really upset at myself when I get anxious about a mole, bump, etc. I am very critical and hard on myself, which is something that I really need to work on overcoming ... that will be half the battle for me, as I've always been this way. I get anxious about being anxious now, so I have to work on that cycle.

I think I am still doing better than pre-meds a couple years ago. My HA got really bad after my mom died suddenly of unexpected cancer 3 years ago. I have done a lot of therapy since then and I think I have the tools to get through this. I just have to stop rushing myself...

Anybody else get anxious about getting anxiety?

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Oooh yes, I want to beat it.....it's a pain,,, in fact many pains. Life does get better. Just over a year ago I was in a psych unit. I will always have some level of anxiety but I think I have it under control now.

Nice thread Skippy

sarah

Hi mike love the post ! And it couldn't have came on a better day for me , I have been terrified of lymphoma for way over two years , realised how much it has taken over my life and decided to visit my gp this morning to talk about my worries so she gave me blood tests for reassurance , if these come back normal I am committing 100 % to get on in my life I am desperate to get better !

Gemma

Hi, Mike! I am committed to getting better! This is not the first battle I've had with my mental health. And I have to say, when I got better before, it was only with the example and encouragement of those who have done it before me. Not those who were sick like me and kept enabling me to stay sick. Sure, it's good to know nmp is for everyone at any stage, but personally, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! I'm willing to listen and learn! Thank you for caring, and taking the time to help me
    Marie

Me! I'm nearly back to normal right now. Still get occasional symptoms and occasional daft thoughts, but I'm actually starting to live life again, which is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity1990 View Post
    I'm actually starting to live life again, which is great!
    I love that, that's how I feel too, like I'm coming back down to earth and beginning to really live again, instead of living in fear and stress all the time

Trying so hard, and I don't even know where to begin, but I am determined.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information