Thread: Bubble feeling in chest

Bubble feeling in chest

Does anyone get a feeling like there is a bubble in your chest. I had loads of these today and sometimes it feels like their popping, above my heart too.
    It also feels a bit more difficult to breathe and I have a tight sensation in my throat and occasional lightheadedness but I can't tell if this is anxiety or not.

I'm 18 and I've had all these weird symptoms for about 4 months and 2 ecgs and a blood test and nothing has come of it
    Every day I feel like I'm about to die and I don't want to die. I'm so scared.

Re: Bubble feeling in chest

Yes! When my anxiety was at it's worst, I noticed this a lot ... like daily or more. Honestly, I don't really notice it anymore although I am sure it still happens. I'm just able to ignore it. I don't think it's really anything.

I get something like this, and only recently have I discovered that it's due to me subconsciously expanding my chest when anxious, I for some reason don't let my chest rest when I breathe out, which causes a really strange pushing/expanding sensation in my chest--ESPECIALLY when I consciously try to relax my chest.
    One thing that helps me when I do that is occasionally laying on my stomach.

I also get painful gas bubbles in my chest, usually in the heart area. Oh my.

Yes laying on my stomach help me a bit too, which gives me reassurance when I'm in my room, but when I'm in a lecture or walkig about, all I can think about is how this is an undiagnosed serioos problem and I'm going to collapse and die.
    I get a lot of 'air burps' and air digestion sound things in my intestines, but is the feeling of an air bubble in your chest normal? I don't know. Sometimes it's gone and I don't worry at all, but then it comes back and I remember why I was so sworried.

I think it's normal! I get gas in my chest, and I can sometimes feel it move around and even "stab" me occasionally. Usually, I just drink some water with a bit of baking soda and then BUUUUURRRRPPP. All done!

ah, ok. do you know if this can cause sharp pain in the heart/chest area?

Well, considering right now I am having exactly that, I'd definitely say yes. And I've been having this on and off for a few weeks now, somehow it never worried me really.
    My pain sensation pokes me right above my left breast, and sometimes is worse in pain according to how I move.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy_lady View Post
    Well, considering right now I am having exactly that, I'd definitely say yes. And I've been having this on and off for a few weeks now, somehow it never worried me really.
    My pain sensation pokes me right above my left breast, and sometimes is worse in pain according to how I move.
    Thank you so much. Now I'm a bit worried about you too, so I really hope you're right and everything is ok.
    x

Hi Alice I know it's a while ago but struggling for help I've recently development theses symptoms, and people say its anxiety but I'm not convinced, can you shine some light on your experience, hope all is well Matt

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

I've also had all the tests done and they say I'm fine, but o don't feel it :/

Thread Information