Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of phones and emails

Question Fear of phones and emails

Does anyone else dread using the telephone, or opening emails or post. I seem to have an irrational fear, I wondered if anyone else experiences this?

Re: Fear of phones and emails

I hate hate the phone ,Ive always been nervous of it its the ringing and the wondering who is it .im the same when the door knocks ,I just wont answer it unless I no who it is it makes my anxiety go sky high xx

I'm terrified of using the phone and opening emails that are from people I don't know. I also have a phobia of answering the door to people who randomly show up eg sales people, delivery person. I'm ok answering the door to people like my family or friends.

I wouldn't call mine a phobia but it definitely makes me tense.

I always refuse to open the door unless I am expecting someone. I guess it is a fear of the unknown...I also have an irrational fear that I am in trouble for something and that stops me from answering anything.

I have a telephone interview this week...got to be my worst nightmare! I would rather face them in person! xx

Also hate answering the phone, using the phone. I get strange looks why I don't have a mobile phone, because one of my conditions I have I been advise not to use a mobile phone.

Doors I don't like answer the door to people I don't know. I don't like using intercoms either.

I don't like talking on the phone as I prefer texting because that way I don't have to have a long pointless conversation lol I don't like phoning people and if someone calls me I won't pick up because if it's important they'll ring back lol

Quote Originally Posted by shannabanna View Post
    I always refuse to open the door unless I am expecting someone. I guess it is a fear of the unknown...I also have an irrational fear that I am in trouble for something and that stops me from answering anything.

I have a telephone interview this week...got to be my worst nightI've he I would rather face them in person! xx
    Oh my God this is me too ! I never ever answer the phone and delete emails unopened. Its the fear that it will always be bad news. I dont open mail either, especially bank statements! Thank God its not only me. Even had 3 mobile turn off my answer phone cos i will never listen to messages ! Hey maybe this is the root of my anxiety....the fear of bad news. Hell I've never thought of that before. Thank you for starting this thread.

I'm so pleased, (well not really pleased cos it's a pain) that there are others out there that understand! I much prefer face to face communication- it feels safer somehow?.

Speaking on the phone , internet is better as it's easier to get rid of them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information