Thread: Small Amount of Blood in Stools/Constipation

Unhappy Small Amount of Blood in Stools/Constipation

I'm a twenty year old male, relatively healthy, don't drink much or smoke, no health problems but I've suffered from health anxiety for some time. It's kinda embarrassing but a couple of months ago I noticed I was passing more gas than usual (flatulence). I initially just passed it off as nothing as I wasn't getting any other symptoms. Then about a month ago, I passed an undigested stool, and I kinda got a bit paranoid as to why that was. It didn't happen again. Then things went back to normal but about two weeks ago I started to feel constipated. Since then, the constipation hasn't gone away.

I've been looking it up on the internet as I've never had anything like this before and a lot of things are pointing to IBS. But last night, I managed to pass a stool and there was a very small amount of blood on the stool. Naturally, I've started to worry about more serious conditions like Bowel cancer and admittedly, I am a bit of a hypochondriac. Today, there were no signs of blood. Is there a possibility of cancer? Or am I just over-thinking things and just have a bit of constipation?

I've brought some constipation tablets to see if things improve over the next few days but until then, has anyone got any ideas as to what the cause might be?

Thanks

Re: Small Amount of Blood in Stools/Constipation

The blood is most likely from piles or a fissure (tear) as when you are constipated you strain harder.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information