Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omg help!! Panic attack from hell!!

Exclamation Omg help!! Panic attack from hell!!

Hi Everyone

Please help I'm having the worst panic attack I've ever had, walking back from the garage heart racing, jelly legs, chest pain, shortness of breath, felt as if I was going to collapse too a had to hold onto the fence, I'm trembling like mad, sweaty clamy head, I feel that I'm not part of this world..... Like a dream, it's scaring the s#%t out of me.... Oh someone plz?!

I've been prescribed diazepam 2mg should I take one..or..two??

Plz Petesy

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Re: Omg help!! Panic attack from hell!!

Hi how many have you taken in the past or is this your first tab, if It is then take one and see how you feel, don't be scared they are one of the safest meds out there but not meant for permenant use.

Thanks for your reply Alexandria

I've taken 1 but it doesn't seem to be doing much, I can't even believe that I can write this because my hands are shaking like mad...:-(

Don't know what to do tryd breathing in a brown paper bag and I lasted a minute then threw it down felt really dizzy afterwards.

Do you think I should take another diazepam... That would be 4mg??

Much appreciated

Petesy. 😉😉;-)

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Petesy you need to relax slow your breathing right down keep telling yourself your okay because you are love its just panic not very nice but it will pass go with it hun dont fight it we are here for you xx

I recently read that breathing - In for 4, Holding for 7 and Out for 8 - is a very good way of calming yourself down and controlling your breathing. I've used it and it helped me a lot. You can do it x

Thank you MRS STRESS-ED

I think this diazepam has taken effect feels like my body still wants to panic but I'm relaxed if that even makes sense.....I'll focus on my breathing now I'm a bit more relaxed...foggy head now.

Thanks again really sweet of you :-)

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Thank you Half-jack

My G.P told me that 1, i can do it now but not the way I was when I posted the first post

This diazepam has worked but I will do those breathing exercises to completely calm down, feel like I've just finished a workout..drained.

Thanks really much i appreciate your help everyone

Petesy.

Its ok love Ive been there its scarey you need people around you who understand what your going threw tare care im sure it will pass xx

Too youz all

Thank you for being here and your kind replies x

Petesy.

Hi Petesy

I know EXACTLY what you are going through... I have had that several times.. it IS a nightmare.... tell me.... do you go out walking often or is this something you avoid? I get it like you do when I am out by myself, and usually IF I am with someone it is easier, but I still get it...when it happened to me last time, I thought I was suffocating and as though I wanted to go an bang on a strangers door for help as I thought I was going completely mental....I had all the pressure pains in chest, the heart racing, feeling like I was going to drop to the floor.. I nearly phoned for an ambulance on my mobile... but the second I was going to do that, it very very slightly eased....so I very very slightly calmed down as though the worst was over... it was terrible.... What you must TRY and do, is do that same walk you did in the evening when it is calmer and see if it happens again....if it doesn't which it shouldn't. then do the same walk in the daytime again and see what happens... that is how I started to train myself through advice from my hospital.... let me knowhow yer get on.

Glad that the diazepam has kicked in, there not instant so would have told you to waita bit longer and you did, strange the feeling after they work like you said relaxed but still a bit edgy it will get better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information