Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IBS / Pain in backside ???

Hi...another IBS sufferer here and I have this pain what I think you may be describing. It is very difficult to describe but here goes. It is inside my back passage and feels like something is stuck there but what it actually is ...is a spasm..causing the muscles inside the back passage to slightly twist..causing a pain that I liken to "as though a hard object is stuck there, or I am being squeezed from the inside...or nipped from the inside"....hope this makes sense cause it is really hard to describe. I have had all the checks done for my IBS....sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy etc etc..many times. My consultant was not in the least bit concerned when I told him of this pain...he told me the name..(cant member but very long)..My sister gets it too and sometimes it can be just an annoying niggly pain and at other times it can be excrutiating...I usually sit on a hot water bottle and take pain killers until it passes....I have piles inside and think this may be the trigger..not sure. Hope this helps..and if it is not the same as your pain ckirby25 sorry for the long post but may help some one else. Good luck tomorrow..and try not to worry......

Well, I've been to doctors, but I don't really feel reassured at all :(. In fact, my anxiety is dreadful right now.

The doctor isn't my usual doctor, although I've seen him once before. He read my history about the tests I'd had this year. He examined me (rectal) and said he could feel nothing wrong, although my tail bone is slightly mobile. He asked if I'd had a fall or anything recently, which I haven't. He then got me a little model of the back and showed me that my tail bone is slightly mobile and this isn't uncommon. He thinks it is this that I can feel, and it's nothing to worry about.

He asked me if I was ok with that, and I said yes / no, as I feel my bowel habit comes into it too. And that I have been really constipated and I was wondering if that had anything to do with it. He said just to try to avoid constipation, but I explained I drink gallons of water, eat a really healthy diet, exercise regularly, take fibogel, etc. What more can I do???

Now I keep feeling like I need to go to the loo, but can't go when I try.

I understand what he says about my tail bone and I do agree this is where I feel the discomfort, but I'm not convinced this is the only problem going on here.

I'm really scared now, I don't know what to do. I'm thinking of getting another opinion from a doctor at work tomorrow as she's really nice and I've spoken to her lots of times in the past, but I don't want her to think I am taking advantage, if you know what I mean.

Re: IBS / Pain in backside ???

I think all IBS is triggered by food poisoning! I think if we treated people for this at time of contraction we could stop all these long term effects.

note the indians have a way of treating IBS by having to drink many pints of goats milk until you vom. This seems to have worked for me.

Re: IBS / Pain in backside ???

also would be interested in hearing from anyone who suffered food poisoning in the same year they experienced the symtoms first

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information