Thread: On sertraline prescribed lustral..

On sertraline prescribed lustral..

Hi,
    Iv been on sertraline for 2 months now, just went and picked up my prescription and they've given me lustral..
    I know it's similar but is it ok to take these after Iv been on generic sertraline? I'm worried about it an would prefer to be taking the exact same!
    Any advice would be much appreciated

Re: On sertraline prescribed lustral..

They're the same, just different companies use different names I think. I may be wrong.

Thanks Luna, I looked it up and some people are saying they had adverse effects from changing brands and others said they were fine.. Guess I'm just going to have to see what happens! You can tell by this mindset how much better I am doing haha!

How have you been? I saw you were coming off sertraline, how has that gone? Hope your good

The active ingredient is no different, however other ingredients (which will be listed on the leaflet in the box) may differ with each brand.
    I'm not a pro, but from what I can gather there's no reason for any of them to have an effect. It obviously does happen sometimes for one reason or another, but I think it's unlikely x

Thanks for the info HalfJack

I started taking them two days ago now.. Feeling a bit more panicky but don't know if its me convincing myself that I am!

hey mgw, I went from lustral to sertraline and never noticed any difference at all. It stands to reason that if you think there is something to worry about, you will create something to worry about I remember posting on here in a panic too, but it was a waste of energy, the tablets are all the same and you will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mgw View Post

How have you been? I saw you were coming off sertraline, how has that gone? Hope your good
    I'm doing really well thank you. I'm almost at the point where my psychiatrist will stop seeing me, I've seen him now every week for three years.

So yeah, things are really looking up for me. Coming off of Sert something seemed to click, I hope it can help you in that way!

Thread Information