Thread: Different masks for different day's

Different masks for different day's

At times I wonder why I even bother put up a front to the world. Why do I have a front when it's only to please the outside world ? I read self help books but not one has helped me in anyway , it's so stupid. Why lie about being happy when all I do is suppress the depression which makes it worse because it comes back 2 fold.

Re: Different masks for different day's

Hi dave, I can fully relate to this as I went through the same feelings last year for a long long time, I am the type of person to hide any illness or pain I hated showing others I felt weak by doin this, but I can honestly say I feel now I was making my self worse heightening my anxiety even further you know the drill what if how can I will they every time I was meeting up with people, now let me tell about the 17th of April 2013 a day I remember well, it was my make or break day tbh I felt I had suffers long enough and was feeling really unstable it was my worse day by far, after sitting curled up on the sofa wishing time by so I coul go be I had a visit of my parants and no matter how good I was there was no hiding it any longer, I jumped up and screamed out for help told them I was loosing my mind and couldn't cope anymore, I just poured out everything I couldn't stop I was goin on and on about how I hid hit and what I was feeling and from that moment I finished what I had to say for the first time in over a year I felt hope and at ease witch at the time I wasn't sure why, over the next few days I slowly say my family down and friends (as and when I next met them) and started to tell them what was up with me and why I'd not turned to to events/work or nights out when I was bad, I felt its better to be honest than people start to think I'm just ignorant or don't care anymore, I started to feel more and more hopefull each day and the relief I felt was actually amazing, I felt so much more hopefull and less anxious each and every day from then on and it was a big turning point in my life, now I'm not saying its a cure at all as I am now worse than before (due to my own stupidity I believe) but telling people really helped me out and if you decide to take the same road it might be an added step to recovery for you.

Thread Information