Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaUK View Post
No I hope I haven't upset you was just letting you know (tough love)that you don't have it,have you actually seen your Dr about this and had tests or wouldn't that convince you.
I mentioned it to her, and she said it was extremely unlikely, and the only tests they can do are after you are dead I believed her and it helped, I just lose assurance when things come up later. Like if I hear about it on the radio, etc. But I think I may go ahead and get the shots. I think that might help some. Mostly I need to address the anxiety, and stop trying to convince myself I don't have a disease. When I was on zoloft I would get sick and believe it was just a coincidence and not anything bad. So either I need to get on medication again, or work towards fixing the anxiety another way. And no, you didn't upset me. I was more worried I upset you!

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
The thing is, and I see it on many posts...

There is total clarity in your post. You're not in a total downward spiral or psychotic in any way (I've seen posts where you can tell the person is totally losing it). You're expressing yourself clearly. You speak of your anxiety in that you realize totally what's happening. You understand you cannot possibly have rabies and know it's your anxiety causing you to doubt.

I'd say that's 9/10th of the battle right there.

Positive thoughts
Thanks! It just drives me nuts to know one thing is true and have another part of me believe another, and knowing that it is ruining my life in the process and not being able to do anything about it. I just want to take the wheel back to my life and quit letting anxiety (or I guess more accurately - fear- ) drive. My fear has been in control for too long.