Thread: Derealization.

Derealization.

Any tips on how to deal with this? It's socially related. The more I'm in contact with ppl at work, the worse it gets, especially in crowds. Any tips?

I take prozac, Wellbutrin, Xanax and amlodepeine.

Re: Derealization.

Sorry but no help from me. I have only ever had one kind of episode where that happened during an anxiety attack.

Here's some advice I can give to you:
    • Do not panic. Note that it's temporary and will go away.
      Take a deep breath and stop worrying. Do things that will get your mind off of it.
      See a therapist if you have too.

I get derealization during and after some panic attacks, especially after a panic I get when I'm trying to drift off to sleep. I find that the slow breathing techniques work and also I go on my phone and play a game or browse FB and that takes my mind off it and before I know it, I feel ok again. If I sit there and try and fight it off rather than distract myself, it just makes it worse and lasts longer.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

I get this to..i allso get depersonalization to which comes when im on my own.but the DR is one i get just out of the blue esp if im talking to someone.iv had it on and off for years.when i get them.i just ride them out.its not easy because you csnt help but focus on it and start to panic.but it does go and fade.so just try and accept it and dont avoid the situation that has caused it otherwise you will allways fear that situation because of it.then you will start to feed your anxiety and make it all worse.

Thread Information