Thread: Struggling again

Struggling again

I wonder if anyone can relate to my problem?

I have been on citalopram for 3 months, initially, they seemed to be working, but recently, the anxiety has come back big time, mainly I feel, since I have seen a bereavement counsellor since losing my father earlier this year with lung disease, I somehow feel as though the symtoms he had have manifested themselves in me! The counsellor said this is very common but it doesn't make it any easier when they arise, panic, breathlessness, heart pounding etc.

The counselling has stirred up feelings I had long forgotten of when my mum died suddenly when I was a teenager, she says this is normal and I can learn to work through them.

My very understanding GP has changed my medication to Prozac which I started this week but you can appreciate the anxiety until they start to take effect!

She also gave me some diazepam for "awkward moments" but as yet I haven't taken any, might do soon though.

I hope this makes some kind of sense, it's rambling I know, it's just so good to get off my chest, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hi buttercup, Firstly welcome to you.I do not take this drug you mention[citalpram] but do take diazipam, just for those awkward moments, So sorry to to hear about your father, I to used to see a counsellor to for my anxiety, and p.a.,s this for me was such a waste of their,s and my time. i find that excecpting what is happening to me and learning to control it is best for me. Rescue remedy is also very good i find, filling my day helps too . anyway it,s good to have you here, and remember you are not alone anytime you feel down and things are too much for you ,click on to n.m.p. someone will be here for you.

Hi buttercup,Im on citalopram,they help my depression but I still get anxiety.You may need your dosage upping.Counselling does stir up alot of things,but in the long run it does help.you have to off load pet.I take diazepam when needed.they helped me alot when I went through a bad patch back in August.

Ellen XX

Thread Information