Thread: Worried about doing something wrong

Worried about doing something wrong

Does anyone else get worried about doing something wrong that they haven't actually done ? For example yesterday someone mentioned a person that I fell out with , their fault not mine , so for some reason I kept thinking maybe I'd done something horribly wrong and they've only mentioned that person to torment me that they know what I've done. I haven't actually done anything but I still can't shake that feeling and it's horrible. Also sometimes if someone does something wrong like break something , take money , lose something I feel like saying it was me I done it but I haven't done anything as I would never do that , not in this life time. If someone at work loses money on they're till I instantly feel like they are thinking it was me who took the money but I haven't so I don't understand this thinking , it's really weird. I've even felt like confessing to other things I haven't done but why ? Am I weird ?

Re: Worried about doing something wrong

I also get these feelings and i can not explain them wish i knew why they happened but so far no luck. I always worry that i am doing or have done something wrong and i can get myself really worked up due to it.

Some time ago I was afraid that I would end up in prison even though I had no plans or intentions to commit a crime. I was afraid that I would lose control of myself or go off the deep end and ruin my life in prison. I don't know where I came up with that, as I've never been in trouble before.

This is normal for anxiety, it's almost an OCD trait (not full blown OCD), I think.

I often get this with the oven (Did I turn it off?), locks (Did I lock the door/window?), talking to people (Did I say that right? Do they think I'm odd? Did I offend them?) and my own health (Is that a lump or lymph node? Is that pain real or imaginary? How long has that mole been there for?).

A lot of non-anxious people feel like this, my husband used to worry about doing his job right when he was first promoted to manager and my friends have worried about upsetting other friends when you remember nothing negative.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Thread Information