Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Using Effexor? Please read! Useful tips!*

Re: *Using Effexor? Please read! Useful tips!*

I second that Loreen! Very interesting indeed. Thanks Marie! I had no idea that there were any serotonin receptors in the gut, let alone 90%! Wowzers! Really useful info about how the meds work and it all explains a great deal in terms of how sometimes people can feel worse before feeling better.

Good call about the chewing gum too! Ive been forcing myself to yawn which seems to be helping a little but it's good to know these side effects will most likely wear off over time...feel like my arms and legs and stomach muscles are permanently engaged.

I am glad the Zopiclone rundown helped a little. Like I say, you may sense that you can reduce it a bit quicker than I did but definitely no rush

Loreen so good to hear again how much the Ven has helped you after trying all the other meds.

And I checked out that thread you recommended Marie, about good stories - Venlafaxine. Some much needed encouraging posts and experiences for sure. Thanks for the tip!

Loads a love and , Gem X

Hi Gem

How are you doing today ? Hope the ven starts to work on you very soon.

My anxiety is a bit high today, but its probably because it is a wet half term ! I am at home trying to entertain my 10 year old ( who is autistic ). My eldest (19) has gone on her first holiday abroad without us,so i am panicking about all the things that could happen. She is a sensible girl, but it doesn't stop me worrying !!

Even my cat looks stressed today!!

Take care

Loreen xx

Hey Loreen,

School holidays can feel really tough sometimes eh? Especially when it is so wet. I totally empathise with you. At times it is hard enough when you feel your best and the sun is shining but at least it's easier to get out and there are more opportunities to entertain the wee ones. I am imagining (though I don't know) that it is even harder when the world isn't set up for children with autism, further compounding the isolation and stress most parents feel at some point or another. So it's no wonder you are feeling more anxiety today - and your cat too! Cats always know the score. I am sure your daughter will be fine - but it's easy for me to say and again I can totally understand your worry. Will you get any time later tonight to do something nice for yourself?

I felt a little teeny, weeny bit brighter yesterday and today. I don't know if it's because I don't feel as alone now that I have joined this forum or whether the Ven is kicking in a little bit? Most of me still feels pretty bad though and I feel scared that if I say I feel a tiny bit better my mind will start talking me down again (already has) so I'm trying not to get too attached to feeling a fraction better as it feels too good to be true that it could be the start of something - probably isn't. I do hope the Ven starts to really kick in soon though! I've really had my fill of feeling this despair and darkness now!

I hope you get a chance to nuture yourself at some point this evening. Maybe you and your cat can give each other some TLC.

Sending love and , Gem x

Thank you for your kind reply Gem

I know what you mean about not feeling so alone when on here. I am naturally a bit of a loner,and am very quiet. However, sometimes you just need someone to understand.

Yes, autism is difficult to manage . To the outside world he looks fine, so when he doesn't behave fine, people very often give us ' looks' or tuts. Not helpful,and as someone who likes to blend in, I find other peoples reactions hard to deal with. The positives are that he is the most loving and loyal boy you could ever wish for and I love him dearly.

I am so pleased you have seen an improvement. Hold on to that and think positive thoughts. I have faith your black cloud is about to lift.

Tonight me and the cat will be together watching t.v. She is very in tune with me, and often calms me down after a rough day.

Hope things continue to improve xxx

Hey Loreen,

I hope you and your cat enjoyed a cosy evening last night. Cats can be so good for the soul. I would like to get one myself when/if I feel ever better. We’ve been talking about it a lot lately and I think a cat would be a great addition to our little family at some point in the future.

Your son sounds wonderful. For what it’s worth I think it’s the people who tut and give those ‘looks’ who have the behavioural issues. I can totally appreciate how hard it must be for you on many levels.

I am having a wobbly, tearful, day today. You know when the reality of everything you have been through and are still living with keeps hitting you over and over again? I guess it’s all part of the process.

Thank you for your hope and your faith! It really helps.

I hope you get another restful evening. I am just about to watch a little telly with my hot water bottle (I am addicted to hot water bottles!) and maybe the odd biscuit or three - rock n roll.

Maybe we will get some sun tomorrow?

Love and hugs, Gem x

@SADnomore

Your post has helped me emmensely. I'm on day three of 37.5 mg and have been virtually crawling through my side effects. It gives me hope to know that I'm not alone. I have two beautiful sons and a loving wife that thanks you for the inspiration. Thank you again. Two years later and your post is still helping people ❤

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information