Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you find it easy to tell people?

Do you find it easy to tell people?

I have a few triggers which limit the TV/movies I can watch. I'm not really sure how to explain to my boyfriend.
    Any time I've wanted to I've felt like it would make me look like I was being melodramatic or attention seeking.

Re: Do you find it easy to tell people?

Although it's not generally an issue that relates to me personally, you'll often hear warnings before a program or film on TV. They'll say the following film/episode contains scenes of a sexual nature, strong language, violence and so on. It's not unreasonable for people to be upset by such content and certainly not an attention seeking thing. I would simply say that you're not comfortable with certain themes, which should be understood by most people.

Maybe this isn't particularly helpful but I think it's common enough that you shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed by it. I know a number of people who can't watch horror films, while others hate medical shows, whether real or fictional.

Is he aware and understanding of your anxiety? If so you should be able to tell him why it's a problem. If not, then just say you don't enjoy those kinds of films

Sorry you're going through that. When I first had anxiety problems, I didn't feel quite 'right' watching films with action. The fast tempo of the scenes and the violence set me off, even though they were fictional.

As the other posts mentioned, he is your boyfriend and if he's worth being with, he will understand how you feel. It's something you should be able to talk about freely with him.

Most films don't bother me, it's just a few specific things that trigger me and 90% of films won't have them in, but they affect me so strongly I always do a small amount of research into what I watch beforehand to avoid it and I feel anxious when I'm watching something I know nothing about.

I've not seen many warnings before films or TV other than for violence which generally isn't a problem for me. Well I might hide behind the sofa but I won't have a panic attack!

Maybe this isn't particularly helpful but I think it's common enough that you shouldn't be embarrassed or ashamed by it.
    It is helpful, it's a nice thing to say, thank you.

I'm very lucky, he's 110% supportive about my anxiety. He doesn't always understand it and I don't always make myself clear so we have blips like this occasionally.
    Hes a bit fed up of me not wanting to watch new films but thinking about it now I guess if I explain why he'd lose the attitude and give me a hug.
    I've been underestimating him, he probably won't mind at all. Thanks guys

Factually stating Miss it does not state you are melodramatic or factually attention seeking and such.

If there was no factual issue suffered by yourself and simply attention was sought, this is attention seeking.

However you simply seek to avoid the fact of a panic attack and seek to state the factual triggers for such an attack to one whom is your partner.

If he factually does not understand your stated condition, he cannot state a fact of melodrama and he factually should seek to incorporate your factual conditions into what is observed upon the Television and such.

Apologies if factual statement does not assist or is a fact of bother.

I love her completely, never doubt her and never shall.

I simply wish to make her happy and ensure I do not lose that which is my entire existence and is priceless to myself above all factual others and such.

Not a bother at all and much appreciated.
    It puts it in perspective when you say it like that, it's very reassuring to know I have no cause to feel I'm being unreasonable.

If you state such Miss. No factual appreciation required and such.

I simply state the obvious facts, however I have had stated to myself that my factual knack for being aware of facts others are not, is factually unusual and such.

I simply state the facts Miss, aside from when conversing with my best friend where I state the facts and truth as I do with facts, however I am more relaxed and such facts. She is factually missed beyond factual words can state and such.

I simply wish to make her happy and ensure I do not lose that which is my entire existence and is priceless to myself above all factual others and such.

It's a very useful skill! Often people (myself being a good example) miss obvious things when it comes to their own problems; can't see the wood for the trees so to speak.

I am factually aware of the expression Miss, also it is factually stated as 'inability to view the trees because of the forest' and such.

Its not a factual skill of my own to be factually honest. I simply state the facts. I do not think before stating such, I simply am aware of facts females and members of the factually better gender do not state verbally or factually hide.

A select few however this does not occur with. I do not factually assume, nor do I state factual opinions as I do not possess such. My best friend is one such person whom this uncontrollable fact does not occur. She is singular in this, as she is in her fact of utter perfection and such.

Just as all factual DPGs and ladies such as yourself are singular in your factually and naturally unique and perfect design and such Miss. No factual offence, simply stating the facts in calmness and polite indifference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information