Thread: accidentally ingested bleach D:

accidentally ingested bleach D:

okay so my mum was cleaning the floor with domestos bleach + water and i was having a shower and dropped the towel on the damp bleach stained floor. i thought it was simply water so i dried my face body etc then my lips started to sting and i realised i had licked a little and swallowed it while the towel touched my mouth and i licked my lips. i drank lots of milk it's a few hours later now my stomach doesn't hurt but it feels a bit irritated. i am worried it was only a drop or two i guess is that enough to do damage?

im so scared im going to die or my stomach will rupture bc i have ulcers already.
    am i in danger?

Re: accidentally ingested bleach D:

I would assume you are fine. If it were me, I would have stomach aches just from drinking lots of milk!

If all you did was luck your lips and it was already diluted, I shouldn't imagine it even got to your stomach. Licking your lips wouldn't have resulted in even a drop or two. If so, I probably have more chap stick in my stomach than is healthy. I'd really try not to stress about it if I were you - if you really are still worried just keep drinking water.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Also, remember, bleach is pretty much what they use in swimming pools, and I bet you ingest a lot more swimming and are still alive to tell the tale.

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

And the stomach discomfort is probably stress induced.

When I was younger my mom was babysitting a young girl. For some weird reason she took the cap off the bleach bottle and started licking it. We were both confused as to why she did that, but we got it out of her hands and she was fine. She was an infant too at the time, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

I wish Fishmanpapa was online as he could come up with a probability score regarding any damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    I wish Fishmanpapa was online as he could come up with a probability score regarding any damage done.
    I see you were logged in yesterday so.....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You washed your lips and assuming you rinsed your mouth out, you'll be fine. That amount of bleach will not do anything + it was diluted with water. Your stomach feeling irritated is probably from worrying.

Thread Information