Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DENTIST EEEK!!!

DENTIST EEEK!!!

Hi All
    I have the dentist on tues for fillings!!! I hate dentists used to go to a nice private one but sssooooo expensive im now with an NHS one!!!
    Had a check up a couple of weeks ago and he seemed nice but now I have to go for treatment YIKES!!!
    Anyone else go to an NHS dentist and are they nice to you???
    Dreading it already and its 3 days away yet lol
    APPT IS 1.30 please sent me positive vibes!!!

luv kaz x x x

Hi Kazzie,

I am sending positive vibes your way but I think you'll be fine.

I understand your fear, I don't like the dentist myself. Some years back I put off having my wisdom teeth out for years but then I did it in my lunch hour and it was fine. After that I was fine for years with the dentist.
    Then last year I got into a real tizzy over having a filling, because I needed anaesthetic. I suffer from ME so wasn't sure if I'd react to it. They gave me a special type and I was fine. I have had a couple of fillings since then and didn't even have anaesthetic with it!
    I went to the dentist last week and was told I have gum disease now. This means they have to clean my teeth UNDER my gums which will make them bleed like mad. I just can't imagine how they will get something under my gums and I had a huge panic about it. I feel calmer about it now but the appt isn't until January - may be different nearer the time!

Anyway sorry to go on but wanted you to know you're not alone. Good luck with it all.

Lisa x

PS My dentist is NHS, in fact the last few I have seen are and they have all been fine and totally lovely and reassuring.

Thanks Lisa

I feel better now and ive had the cleaning thing done earlier this year and its fine.... not as scarey as it sounds and dident hurt a bit

Thanks for the NHS bit

luv kaz x x x

Hi Kazzie,

Glad you feel a bit better now .

Thanks for the tooth cleaning info too. This isn't a normal cleaning thing though, they need to get 4mm under my gums (possibly even down to the root by shoving something under the gums) and I have been told it will be uncomfortable. Most things are worse than we imagine though I think, it's often the anticipatory anxiety that is worse than the actual event!

Take care,

Lisa x

Hey Kazz,Iv got the hygenist in January and I hate all that cleaning.I think dentists are pretty up on the anxiety and panic these days,they seem to know how to help nervouse patients.Drink lots of camomile,you will probably be really chilled out but will keep needing a p.Im sure all will be ok.
    luv

Ellen XX

Hey Kazzie,

Loads of positive vibes coming your way hun. xxxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi Kazzie. I am and always have been the worlds worst with dentist no matter how good they are. The phobia I have is so overwhelming, I am 57 so it probs stems back to when I was young and the dentistry wasn’t very good them days. The dentists when I was at school where usually in big old cold churches, the chair was like something out of a horror movie, they used to strap you in the chair, Put a big metal object in your mouth to hold mouth open, then put on a gas mask which was horrible and we used to try and fight but no good as I was strapped in the chair. The alternate was cocaine injection in the gum, the needles where so big then they didn’t throw needles away they just sterilised them between patients so you can imagine how blunt they must have got. However the dentist is brilliant now and not much pain (50 years later) but for some reason I still have this terrible fear and phobia of them, I have tried hypnosis and all sorts but can’t budge the fear. I have had abscess and been in so much pain but still haven’t gone. But now I do go but suffered so much discomfort for the neglect I have done to my teeth/ mouth, they are on top of all the work now and it isn’t as bad to go. If only I didn’t let my fear win and go I would have had such an easy time as prevention is always better than cure? But as I said I am still afraid and always ask dentist to put some of that gel they put on your gum before injecting. The gel freezes the gum before the injection and I find that helps a lot. You go girl and keep on top of it, and you will be fine. Take care, Vernon

Hi there - like Vernon (i am 46) my dentist when I was a child

didnt believe in injections and let me suffer the drill without one

also when he did rarely use an injection it was a HUGE needle

and was awful. Thankfully now my dentist puts the gel on

tbhe gums first to numb it before the injections go in. My

problem is once he starts probing in my gob I start to swallow

and breathe funny ending up sighing a lot in the chair

and hyperventilating. He knows I am asthmatic and am

terrrified of the dentist but I still go every 6 months and

am usually ill before the appointment but fine once out of

the chair and wonder what all the fuss was about. I think

its our mind playing tricks on us - maybe listening to an

mp3 player in the chair would be a good idea!!

Love wenjoy x

Thanks everyone!!!

Dentist phoned this morning to remind me of my appt NEXT tues i got the date wrong so now have another 8 days to dread it in GGGRRRRR

luv kaz x

Hi Kazzie
    I'm with you.Next Wednesday I have to go and it's either root canal or extraction.
    My hands are sweating already !!!!
    Thinking of you
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information