Thread: 50mg to 100mg

50mg to 100mg

Hiya everyone!

It's been a while but I've hit yet another crisis. I ended up in A&E yesterday due to the most colossal anxiety attack. This morning I saw my GP - I've been given more diazepam (I'm not addicted or tolerant - just very distressed) and bumped from 50 mg of sertraline to 100 mg.

Has anyone else made this jump with setraline... I took my 100mg about an hour a ago and I feel tired and totally spaced.

Support and reassurance greatly appreciated at this time.

T

Re: 50mg to 100mg

Hi T, I went from 50mg straight to 100mg and I was fine. No side effects and i am stable now. Don't be afraid, you will be fine.

Thanks Nova!

Did you see a good improvement? I've been on sert since early this year. It works well until I crash and then I crash hard!

Tim

Well it's 2AM, I'm awake (disappointingly) but my mind is unusually quiet... Mr Chatterbox appears to have gone to sleep unlike me! Fingers crossed.

teej I have just upped my dose of Sertraline from 50mg to 100mg. The only side affect im having problems with is my sleep. Hope you start to feel better. x

Yuck. Well this is going somewhat worse than I thought possible. I've felt so sick since moving to the 100mg, anxiety is still through the roof and the horrible thoughts I had when I started on the citalopram (I switched to sert earlier this year) are back.

4mg of Diazepam seems to have brought me back to somewhere stable this morning but I'm so terrified of getting addicted to the stuff which just leads me back to the devil I know best - alcohol and that just isn't an answer - especially now one drink simply knocks me out.

To add to boot my left ear is also totally blocked.

I'm off see my doctor this morning, no idea what he's going to say. I'm just sick of this roller coaster. Feeling desperate.

Still feel absolutely horrible. Struggling to eat, feeling nauseas, horrible anxiety. I thought this was supposed to make things better eugh.

I've been signed off work for two weeks so I'm really hoping I'm looking up soon.

I'm afraid it is good news and it isn't good news.

I saw a different doctor who has taken me off the sertraline entirely as SSRI class drugs seem to have a completely paradoxical effect on me (they make my anxiety, depression and alcohol problems worse with no real improvement). Shame it took someone 10 years to work that out.

I came off 100mg in a 4 day taper under medical supervision in the hospital due to the severity of the discontinuation effects and the comorbid alcoholism and have started on Mirtazapine 15mg.

This Thursday will be two weeks off the sertraline. I'm still relying on and off on diazepam and lorazepam to control the remaining discontinuation effects but it's not a daily thing.

I won't be going near SSRI or SRNI class drugs again as they just don't agree with me.

On the plus side I'm starting to rebuild my life, I still have a job and a family and am back at work on my second full day and the mirtazapine has given me some much needed sleep and an appetite!

T

I didn't find the 50 very good, but the 100 has made a great difference to me. I sleep brilliantly now - wasn't sleeping before the tablets kicked in. I'm also taking a lot of nutritional food supplements which might be helping with sleep, I'm not sure. I'm having advice from a nutritionist.

Thread Information