Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoarse voice with lump in throat?

Hoarse voice with lump in throat?

Anyone else experiencing a hoarse voice with the lump in their throat? It's almost like talking makes it worse. Constantly need to have water on me

Re: Hoarse voice with lump in throat?

Yeah I am but I've been sick so I'm hoping it will go away...:/

I have this right now. I'm sick as well :( I thought it was spring enough colds!

I have this too, constantly drinking water and double swallowing. It feels like left throat on the left isnt working too good lol.
    Do you get relief from this, at night, during the day etc?

I still have this and the only time I have relief is right after meals. Seems really strange by my hoarseness and globus are reduced after meals. I think I may have LPR (airway reflux) - just ordered some gaviscon advance to take after meals and see if that will help prevent acid going back up and burning vocal cords / esophagus

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

I should also mention somehow swallowing with the right side of my throat feels better. I sort of hook the food around the right side of my tongue and then down

Yes, I have both right now, although the soreness seems to be on its way out.

The lump in my throat concerns me though. It pops when I swallow, which is a new sensation for me. And a little disconcerting too.

Has anyone had that popping sensation?
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

I have this, Feels like a lump when I swallow, mucus and sore. Went to the docs and he cant find anything wrong. Said to gargle which I have been doing. When I eat it sometimes feels like the right side of my throat wont swallow - the muscles seem to stop working.

Wish I didnt catastrophize about things.

Yes, the doctor told me to gargle too, with warm salt water. I've done it a couple times, but haven't had big results yet.

To be honest, the only thing that's made my throat significantly better overnight (temporarily, at least) was Fisherman's Friend. If you haven't heard of it, google it and see if it's carried by stores near you.
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

I have since seen an ENT who put a flexible camera up my nose & down my throat and noticed that my vocal cords were very swollen.

Likely a LPR / GERD issue - i have been referred to a GI.

I am on Prevacid & Zantac.

I still panic when i am without water or lozenges because my throat seems to be on a timer where it gets drier and drier and the lump sensation returns. Talking makes this happen much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinking View Post
    my throat seems to be on a timer where it gets drier and drier and the lump sensation returns. Talking makes this happen much faster.
    My throat's beginning to feel the same way, but I'm holding out hope that it's just temporary!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information