Thread: Think im developing a phobia :/

Think im developing a phobia :/

I've been posting here that I've been feeling better but this week so far I'm not so sure. My first post was asking about derealisation episodes with anxiety, but I'm 99% sure it's hypervigilance . The problem is that now I'm hypervigilant about developing that symptom, or depersonalisation. Ive never had any of them in the 10 years I've been suffering from GAD, or even a panic attqck, but it makes me feel like crap and selfish to worry about it because I know so many of you suffer from it. I feel like how dare I worry about it when so many of you have to deal with it everyday. I guess it's like the common fear we get of going crazy, only I know that's not possible, but this is. I guess I'm wondering if it's still likely I could. Even though at my worst I've never felt like that . I hope no one reading this who suffers from dr/dp gets offended reading this. I just feel so scared the past few days and I don't know who to talk to. My old therapist is on vacation.

Re: Think im developing a phobia :/

Bump? :( Still feeling worried.

I don't experience those symptoms, but I have experienced being hypervigilent over getting anxious again! I went through a bad blip of anxiety and health anxiety the past month and then I started getting really anxious about getting anxious again. I can relate to that. It's hard to break that cycle, but I just had to keep reminding myself that I was just anxious about being anxious, and it was normal for my body to react that way after being afraid. It's normal for you to be hypervigilent for a symptom that freaked you out. Just keep reminding yourself that and try to break that cycle.

Thanks swgirl, I'm trying. I'm banning myself from Google till I can work through this. Of all the anxiety symptoms I've had, hypervigilance is by far the worst and most annoying.

Thread Information