Thread: My Head feels tight!

My Head feels tight!

Does anyone else have this feeling. It feels like my skull has expanded and the skin won't stretch or its like wearing a Hat two sizes too small. Its not a headache its a feeling; strange feeling of tightness.

Re: My Head feels tight!

Yes I used to get this too, felt like a tight band around my head. Another annoying symptom of my anxiety.

I have had this as well....I put an ice pack on my head to give me a different sensation than the tightness. It's not actually happening, remember. It's just anxiety.

Absolutely! Very classic anxiety symptom, you'll be fine.

It's caused by either tension in the scalp muscles (and/or others in the head), or more rarely neck tension causing a cervicogenic headache. The best solution I've found is meditation tutorials on YouTube. Follow the instructions then do it yourself for half an hour or so afterwards and you'll feel miles better.

Funny thing about Tension, I am relaxing and not stressed about anything, but this head torture has been with me all day. Thanks for your tips, really appreciate it. Also have little shooting pains in my nose, could that be related?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Funny thing about Tension, I am relaxing and not stressed about anything, but this head torture has been with me all day. Thanks for your tips, really appreciate it. Also have little shooting pains in my nose, could that be related?
    Could well be sinus related then, inflamed/irritated sinuses are also a very common anxiety thing. This feels like a tension headache but focuses around the ears, eyes and nasal area mostly.

In fact sinus issues are so common in anxiety that researchers sometimes argue about the direction of causality. I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about here but as I understand it some argue that the areas that control the anxiety response are close to the eye sockets and top of the sinuses that if they're chronically inflames this may well cause chronic anxiety. Though this is just a theory, most seem to think the anxiety causes the irritated sinuses.

Either way, nothing at all to worry about.

That's really interesting and seems to make a lot of sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Head and Nose already calmed down a bit.

Thread Information