Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever feel,maybe this is not going to work

Do you ever feel,maybe this is not going to work

I am at a total standstill..started to feel some improvement, slid back a bit and now not moving forward at all..I have been on cit almost 3 months, but only on 10mg for about 3 weeks..I had a few weeks where I f elt some improvement, now i am feeling pretty crummy again. I wake up every morning with such butterflies in my stomach and fear.. I hate it. I am on the verge of a panic attack all the time..However, I am still forcing myself to get out of the house, but really struggling..My jaw is killing me because of clenching all day and night..Guess I just need some encouragement to continue. I don't know if I need less cit and more..Thanks for listening..Debbie

Re: Do you ever feel,maybe this is not going to work

Think we're in the same boat, but I'm on 20mg. I hope someone else posts so that we can get some answers. It's very frustrating when you think you're going to get better! Mood improved, anxiety not at all! My jaw/face is very tense too, but I know what it is so I don't worry. Stomach is another thing and I am worried. I've started cbt for health anxiety today so will pass on any useful tips. I wake up in a panic attack every single morning. Don't know how you stop that when you're asleep one minute and full blown panic the next,with adrenaline pumping round your body! X

Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    Think we're in the same boat, but I'm on 20mg. I hope someone else posts so that we can get some answers. It's very frustrating when you think you're going to get better! Mood improved, anxiety not at all! My jaw/face is very tense too, but I know what it is so I don't worry. Stomach is another thing and I am worried. I've started cbt for health anxiety today so will pass on any useful tips. I wake up in a panic attack every single morning. Don't know how you stop that when you're asleep one minute and full blown panic the next,with adrenaline pumping round your body! X
    How long have you been on the cit? I have been on awhile but only on 10mg for about 3 weeks..I felt like I was improving and then bamm!! I went backwards..I know that feeling first thing in the morning is horrible. I feel nervous butterflies in my stomach and then this feeling of fear, then I get dizzy and spaced out..If I know I need to try and go somewhere it just intensifies..I go to my councelor today and she works with cbt also and then I go to the physchiatrist on Thursday, maybe she will decrease or increase my dose. I just don't want to have to start all over again...It is good to have support. Thanks...debbie
    p.s. do you take any benzo's (like ativan, valium etc.)..I do
    Last edited by weplant; 27-05-14 at 20:55. Reason: needed to add ps

Hang on in there Debbie
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    Hang on in there Debbie
    Paul
    Thanks Paul...It just sucks when you feel your are going backwards..

Debbie, yes I do take Valium now and then. My GP is quite happy for me to take them occasionally. I've been on cit for 3 months. I suppose I'll plod on for a bit longer. X

I am taking ativan every day. My doc said to take .5mg twice a day..Sometimes it helps a bit other times nothing. I am afraid to try and stop it..I keep hearing horror stories about getting off benzos..But when you need help, what else are you going to do..I will talk to my doc tomorrow about maybe increasing my cit dose..Unfortunately, it will make the se's worse...

Yes I do feel its not working,, so i quit. Been on 20 for 3months,only side effects and nothinng else.

Quote Originally Posted by dafni View Post
    Yes I do feel its not working,, so i quit. Been on 20 for 3months,only side effects and nothinng else.
    Are you trying something else? How long did it take you to taper off...thanks

Last week i was taking 10, now i ll take 5 for a week,then 5 every other day for a week and stop.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Not taking anything else. Hope i wont need, im tired of pills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information