Thread: ultrasound

ultrasound

hi is anyone familar with ultrasounds of the pelvis? i had one yesterday and they wouldnt tell me a thing not even a tiny bit of reassurance and i was wondering if there was summit up would the dr get in touch or would i have to wait the week for the results? x

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

sorry i forgot to mention that the dr thought i may possibly have a fibroid and thats the reason for the us xx

Re: ultrasound

I have had the same scan a few times and they never tell you anything, The radiologists are not allowed to tell you. It has to be seen by a consultant first then the results sent to your doctor. I had fibroids.

yeah i remember you saying annie in an earlier post i just thought she would have at least gave me a little reassurance seeing as i suffer really bad with health anxiety but she just laughed and said sorry im not allowed dont get me wrong she was lovley funny thing is i had a scan on my liver a few month back and they told me straight away that it was fatty seems like theres one rule for one and not for another xx

I know what you mean because when I had a scan for my gall bladder she told me she could see gall stones. I have had pelvic scans 3 times and they wouldn't tell me anything, just to wait and see what the doctor says.

i was toying with the idea of ringing the dr and asking a few questions coz im a terrible worrier but i guess he probably hasnt heard back yet

He probably won't get the results for a few days. I think I had to make an appointment to see my doctor 10 days later which is an eternity when you are worried!

i suppose ill have to take comfort in the fact that she said get in touch with your gp in a week if she found anything serious im sure she would have said sooner x

Yes she would

Thread Information