Thread: First time tampon user

First time tampon user

Okay I have never used a tampon before because of my anxiety surrounding toxic shock... Anyway I have put one in for the first time so I can go swimmig... But it feels kind of wierd when I walk around it's not painful but I can kind of feel it and then when I sit on ot it becomes slightly painful (although still bearable) anyone know what this could be?

Re: First time tampon user

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It doesn't sound like you have inserted it far enough. Best to put them in while sitting on the loo and make sure you get it far enough in.

I agree with Annie, or perhaps try using a lower absorbency.

sounds like its not in there far enough, take it out and try again. Once it is in right you shouldnt really be able to feel it at all xx

I'm not sure if it's just because I was concentrating on it far to much though!? I couldn't really feel it when I was stood up just when I was sat!

Using tampons can take a while to get the hang of!

- try and relax when you are about to insert the tampon, if you are stressed you will naturally clench up and this makes it very hard to insert!

- Push it in gently, I always stand with my legs apart and insert at an angle - when it slides in easily you will know you've got it.

It takes a wee while to get used to the feeling that something is there, but it will pass. Have you tried using really slim mini ones? Some of them are so big and even after years of tampon use I cannot use them!

When I first started using them, my mum used to tell my to put vaseline on it first (im not sure if this is completely hygenic!), it helps it slide in until you get the hang of it properly xx

Thread Information