Thread: Is 40 mg to much

Is 40 mg to much

Well I have gave it a good go, I think, over 2 weeks on 40 mg and the anxiety increase, after increasing, is better but the last 3 days I feel drugged up dizzy and headaches plusplus. So I think maybe 40 mg is too much for me, I only gave it 4.5 weeks on 20 mg and started to feel slightly better so I tried the higher but it is to much. Any help or thoughts?

Re: Is 40 mg to much

Hi ross, what are you taking 40mg of exactly?

Consult your GP before any changes but my personal thought is that if you were making improvement on 20mg that would of been adequate. The 40mg is probably just a bit much, why did you up the dose so soon? GP advice? X x

Yes Prozac. My Gp advised double of the dose after just 4 weeks with some the 40mg has taken a further 2 weeks to kick in and my head is killing me.

The initial dose should be given 6-12 weeks to see if therapeutic effect is apparent. Personally GPs seem too quick to increase doses without waiting to give the drug a fair crack at working. See your GP mate, but drop back to the 20mg if you're really struggling x

Cheers,
    Yes I was at 4.5 weeks and felt some effects but not really back to normal and I was a bit surprised to learn the gp ups after 4 weeks. My heart told me as well as many people on here that the full effect would not be felt at least till 6-12 weeks. I feel I have wasted two weeks by uping and maybe longer as my system will need to adjust to the lower dose again, I hope this doesn't take another 2 weeks.

Going up or down on the dose ...just do it real slowly either way. I honestly believe that some people can get by on less of this stuff..especially in the beginning. You can always up it down the line.
    You'll know when it's too strong a dose, or not enough... you'll feel the awful side effects too intensely or else you'll start feeling moody and sad again. We're all different sizes and have different metabolisms ....to think a "one-size-fits-all" pill will work on everyone is just wrong.

Thread Information